88. beginning of the end

Dean is driving a car and Natalie and Libby are in the backseat while Sam sits in the passenger seat. Libby is asleep, leaning against her aunt who keeps an arm around her.

"--and Governor O'Malley urged calm saying it's very unlikely an abandoned convent would be a target for terrorists, either foreign or homegrown." The man on the radio says.

"Change the station." Dean says and Sam does so.

"--Hurricane Kinley, unexpectedly slamming into the Galveston area--" He changes it.

"--announced a successful test of the North Korean nuclear--"

"--a series of tremors--"

"-swine flu--"

Sam turns the radio off and sighs.

"Guys, look--" Sam starts.

"Don't say anything." Dean says. "It's okay. We just got to keep our heads down and hash this out, all right?"

"Yeah, okay." Sam says after a moment.

"All right, well, first things first -- how did we end up on Soul Plane?" Dean asks.

"Angels, maybe? I mean, you know, beaming us out of harm's way?" Sam suggests.

"Well, whatever. It's the least of our worries. We need to find Cas." Dean says.

+++

They get to Chuck's house and walk through the trashed house. Natalie keeps a tight grip on Libby's hand, making sure the girl stays close. They hear a noise and turn to the direction it came from.

Chuck jumps out and hits Sam in the head with a plunger.

"Geez! Ow!" Sam exclaims.

"Well, that was mean." Libby frowns.

"Sam?" Chuck asks.

"Yeah!" He says.

"Hey, Chuck." Dean greets.

"Yo." Natalie nods.

"So... you're okay?" Chuck asks.

"Well, my head hurts." Sam says.

"No, I mean-- I mean, my-- my last vision. You went, like, full-on Vader." Chuck tells Sam. "Your body temperature was 150. Your heart rate was 200. Your eyes were black."

"What?" Natalie looks at her twin.

"Your eyes went black?" Dean asks.

"I didn't know." Sam says and Natalie can tell he's telling the truth.

"Were my eyes black?" Libby asks.

"Um..." Chuck nervously glances between the oldest and youngest Winchester siblings. "Yeah, for a second. Only a small flash, really."

"Where's Cas?" Dean asks.

"He's dead. Or gone. The archangel smote the shit out of him. I'm sorry." Chuck says.

"You're sure? I mean, maybe he just vanished into the light or something." Dean says.

"Oh, no. He, like, exploded. Like a water balloon of chunky soup." Chuck says.

"You got a--" Sam waves his hand at his left ear. Chuck reaches up to his left ear.

"Uh... right here?" Chuck asks and Sam motions to the other ear. Chuck feels his hair, searching for what Sam's pointing out. "Oh. Oh, God." He pulls something out of his hair. "Is that a molar? It is."

"Ew." Natalie mumbles.

"Do I have a molar in my hair? This has been a really stressful day." Chuck says.