073. yellow fever

They're in the morgue and the coroner opens a body bag.

"Agents, meet Frank O'Brien." The coroner says.

"He died of a heart attack, right?" Sam asks.

"Three days ago." The coroner says.

"But O'Brien was 44 years old and, according to this, a marathon runner." Sam says.

"Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security." The coroner says.

"Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee. All heart attacks, you don't think that's strange?" Dean asks.

"Sounds like Maumee's problem to me." The coroner says. "Why's the FBI give a damn, anyway?"

"We just want to see the results of Frank's autopsy." Dean says.

"What autopsy?" The coroner asks.

"The one you're gonna do." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

They're wearing scrubs now and the coroner cuts open the body.

"First dead body?" He asks.

"Far from it." Dean says.

"First autopsy." Natalie whispers to herself.

"Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe. Hey, hand me those rib cutters, would you?" The coroner asks and Dean grabs them, giving them to the coroner. The coroner cuts the ribs open.

"Now can you kill me?" Natalie whispers to Sam.

"Only if you kill me at the same time." Sam whispers.

"Deal." She whispers.

"Can we get in on that?" Larissa whispers, motioning between her and Jacob.

"Is that a wedding ring?" Dean looks at the mark that the ring on Frank's left ring finger left. "I didn't think Frank was married."

"Ain't my department." The coroner says.

"Any idea how he got these?" Sam asks, holding up Frank's arm that's full of scratches.

"You know what? When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground." Coroner says. "Huh."

"What?" Sam asks.

"I-I can't find any blockages in any of the major arteries." The coroner says. He yanks the heart out, Dean and Natalie both trying not to vomit.

"That just seems so wrong." Larissa mumbles.

"Heart looks pretty damn healthy." The coroner says. "Hold that a second, would you?" He holds the heart out to Dean who reluctantly takes it. The twins smirk in amusement.

The coroner does something else causing both twins to be splashed with blood. Larissa stares at them in horror and Jacob quietly gags.

"Oh, sorry. Spleen juice." The coroner says as Dean smirks.

"Mm." Natalie hums. "No." She rushes out, finding the first trash can and vomiting into it.

+++

They're sitting in the station, waiting for the sheriff. The deputy brightly smiles, the three siblings awkwardly nodding back. Larissa gives him a half wave and Jacob awkwardly smiles.

The sheriff opens the door to his office.

"Hell's bells, Linus, have you seen my--" The sheriff stops when he spots the five hunters. "Who are they?" He asks and the five stand up.