006. wendigo

They pull up in the woods behind the car that belongs to the guide that Haley hired, him, Haley, and Ben standing around.

"You guys got room for five more?" Dean asks, the Winchesters getting out of the Impala. Sam picks Libby up, holding her on his hip.

"Wait, you want to come with us?" Haley asks.

"Who are these guys?" Roy asks.

"Apparently, this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue." Haley says.

"You're rangers?" Roy questions.

"That's right." Dean nods.

"And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?" Haley asks.

"Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts." Dean says.

"What, you think this is funny? It's dangerous back country out there. Her brother might be hurt." Roy says.

"Believe me, I know how dangerous it can be. We just wanna help them find their brother, that's all." Dean says.

+++

They're hiking through the forest, Roy in the lead, followed by Dean who is holding Ophelia's hand, Haley, Ben, Natalie, and lastly, Sam who is holding Libby..

"Roy, you said you did a little hunting." Dean says.

"Yeah, more than a little." Roy says.

"Uh-huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?" Dean asks.

"Mostly buck, sometimes bear." Roy answers.

"Tell me, uh, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?" Dean asks. Roy suddenly grabs Dean and yanks him backward, Ophelia stumbling back, Dean's grip on her hand keeping her up, and the others stop behind them. "Watcha doing, Roy?"

Roy picks up a large stick and puts one end on the ground, triggering a bear trap that Dean almost stepped in.

"You should watch where you're stepping... ranger." Roy walks off.

"It's a bear trap." Dean says as everybody resumes walking.

"Idiot." Natalie mumbles.

"You should be more observant, daddy." Ophelia comments.

"You didn't pack any provisions. You guys are carrying a duffel bag. You're not real rangers." Haley grabs Dean's arm, spinning him around. "So who the hell are you?" Ben walks past them and the twins look at Dean, slowing down a bit. Dean gives them a look and the two walk by, following after Ben and Roy.

"Sam, Natalie, and I are siblings, and we're looking for our father. He might be here, we don't know. Ophi's my kid, Libby is Sam's. I just figured that you and me, we're in the same boat." Dean says.

"Why didn't you just tell me that from the start?" Haley asks.

"I'm telling you now. 'Sides, it's probably the most honest I've ever been with a woman... ever."

"What about me?" Ophelia looks up at him.

"You're not a woman, you're a girl. Big difference." Dean says. "So, we okay?" He asks Haley.

"Yeah, okay." Haley says after a moment.

"And what do you mean I didn't pack provisions?" Dean asks, pulling out a big bag of peanut M&Ms.

"Ooh." Ophelia grins, reaching up and Dean puts a few in her hand.

~ ~ ~

"This is it. Blackwater Ridge." Roy states.