065. dean and natalie

Sam, Larissa, and Natalie walk into the cabin they're staying at and Dean is sitting at a desk. Jacob is sitting on the floor with the girls and keeping them distracted with games. It's already May 1st, the time limit to save Dean way too small for any of their liking.

"Dig up anything good?" Sam asks.

"No." Dean closes the book. "Nothing good."

"Well, Bobby has. Finally." Sam says.

"Yeah?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. A way to find Lilith." Sam says.

"Oh. With just, uh... thirty hours to go." Dean says, glancing at his watch. "Hey, why don't we just make a TJ run, yeah? You know... some senoritas, cervezas, uh, we could... what's Spanish for "donkey show"?"

"Sorry, I didn't pay attention to high school Spanish. I know what dog is." Natalie says.

"So if we do save you... let's never do that." Sam snickers.

"I second that." Natalie nods.

"Yeah, you're definitely on your own there." Larissa comments.

"Hey, Dean." Sam sits next to him. "Look, we're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not gonna go to Hell. I'm not gonna let you. I swear. Everything's gonna be okay."

"Yeah, okay." Dean mumbles.

~ ~ ~

"So you need a name, that's the whole kit and caboodle. With the right name, right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out." Bobby says as he prepares a spell to find out where Lilith is.

"Like the town Lilith's in?" Sam asks.

"Kid, when I get done, we'll know the street." Bobby says. He starts the ritual. The pendulum searches over the map until it stops. "New Harmony, Indiana. And we have a winner."

"All right. Let's go." Sam says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on. Let's all shut up there, Tex." Dean says.

"What's the problem?" Sam asks.

"The total lack of being smart." Natalie comments.

"There's zero plan against the big, bad monster." Larissa adds.

"I say we listen to the smart ones." Jacob points between them. Natalie and Larissa share a grin.

"What's the problem? Come on, where do I begin? I mean, first of all, we don't even know if Lilith holds my deal. We're going off of Bela's intel? Now when that bitch breathes, the air comes out crooked." Dean says. Natalie's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"That's not how air works." Larissa quietly says.

"You know what I mean." Dean says. "Second, even if we could get to Lilith, we have no way to gank her. And third, isn't this the same Lilith that wants your giant head on a pike? Should I continue?"

"Ain't you just bringing down the room." Bobby comments.

"Yeah, well, it's a gift." Dean says.

"I'm sorry, so then what are we supposed to do, Dean?" Sam asks.

"Just cause I gotta die doesn't mean you have to, okay? Either we go in smart or we don't go in at all."

"Okay, fine. If that's the case, I have the answer."

"Aw, jeez." Natalie mumbles, knowing where this is going.

"You do?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. A sure-fire way to confirm it's Lilith and a way to get us a bona fide demon killing ginsu." Sam says.