012. hook man

"Alright, thank you for your time." Sam hangs the payphone up, walking over to his siblings and niece with Libby in his arms.

"Your, uh, half-caf, double vanilla latte is gettin' cold over here, Francis." Dean teases. Ophelia giggles and Natalie snorts.

"Bite me." Sam quips, sitting down with Libby on his lap.

"So, anything?" Dean asks and Sam shakes his head.

"I had 'em check the FBI's missing persons data bank. No John Does fitting dad's description. I even ran his plates for traffic violations." Sam says.

"Sam, I'm tellin' ya, I don't think dad wants to be found." Dean says. "Check this out." He shows Sam the laptop. "It's a news item out of Planes Courier. Ankeny, Iowa. It's only about 100 from here."

Sam covers Libby's ears before reading out loud.

""The mutilated body was found near the victim's car, parked on 9 Mile Road."" Sam reads.

"Keep reading." Dean says.

""Authorities are unable to provide a realistic description of the killer. The sole eyewitnesses, whose name has been withheld, is quoted as saying the attacker was invisible.""

"Could be something interesting."

"Or it could be nothing at all. One freaked out witness who didn't see anything? Doesn't mean it's the Invisible Man." Sam says, uncovering Libby's ears.

"But what if it is?" Dean counters.

+++

Dean pulls up to the fraternity house.

"One more time, why are we here?" Sam asks, getting Libby out of her car seat.

"Victim lived here." Dean says, holding Ophelia's hand. "Nice wheels." He comments to the three guys working on a car. "We're your fraternity brothers, from Ohio. We're new in town -- transfers. Looking for a place to stay."

"What's with the chick and little girls?" One of the guys ask.

"Oh, uh... his girlfriend." Dean nudges Natalie to Sam who prevents her from falling.

"Dude." They both hiss.

"And, uh... these are her daughters. Early miracles and all that." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

"Dating? Really?" Natalie asks as they walk up to one of the rooms.

"It just popped into my head." Dean shrugs.

"How about me being one of your guys' fricking sister pops up next?" Natalie suggests.

Dean shushes her, knocking on the open door. A guy is standing in the room and using the body length mirror, only wearing shorts as he paints his skin purple.

"Who are you?" The guy asks.

"He and I are your new roommates. These three are visitors." Dean says, the group walking into the room.

"Do me a favor? Get my back. Big game today." Dean says.

"He's the artists." Dean points at Sam. "Things he can do with a brush."

Sam glares at his brother who smirks. Sam looks at Natalie pleadingly and she shakes her head, following Dean to the armchair. Dean sits in the chair and pulls Ophelia onto his lap.

Natalie holds Libby and stands next to the chair.

"So..." Dean looks at the name on a magazine. "Murph. Is it true?"

"What?" Murph asks.

"We heard one of the guys around here got killed last week." Dean says.

"Yeah." He sadly says.