084. half-brother

They get to a diner and get out of the Impala. They got a call on one of John's phones earlier, the caller claiming to be his son.

"Dean, look, best I can tell, Adam Milligan is real." Sam states. Dean opens the trunk of the Impala before opening the weapons box while Sam reads something in a folder. "Um, born September 29, 1990 to Kate Milligan. No father listed on the birth certificate. He's an Eagle Scout."

Dean continues to arm himself while Sam continues to tell facts about Adam. Libby gently yanks on Natalie's sleeve until she picks her up.

"Graduated from high school with honors and currently goes to the University of Wisconsin. Biology major, pre-med." Dean shuts the weapons back. "Dean? You listening?"

"This is a trap." Dean states, shutting the trunk and making his inside the diner, the others following him. They go to a table and Dean grabs one of the chairs from the other side and puts it next to his chair.

Sam sits on the chair by the window and Dean sits next to him, pulling Ophelia onto his lap.

"You're not sitting next to this thing." He tells Natalie, gently yanking her into the chair next to him. Natalie readjusts Libby so she's comfortably sitting on her lap.

Jacob and Larissa sit at the table next to them, turning to still pay attention to the siblings.

"Dean, I'm telling you, the kid checks out." Sam says.

"Great, so he's an actual person on the planet Earth. Sucks he's got a demon in him." Dean says.

"Hi. Welcome to Cousin Oliver's." The waitress, Denise, kindly greets. She gives them each glasses of water.

"Thanks." Sam smiles at her.

"Can I--"

"We're actually waiting on somebody." Dean cuts her off. Denise slaps the menus onto the table.

"Thank you." Sam manages to get out as the woman walks away, annoyed.

"You should be nicer to people who give you your food. They might spit in it." Ophelia says.

Dean takes his glass of water and pours it into the plant that's behind him.

"What are you--" Sam watches Dean put the glass between his knees and pull out a flask. "Holy water?"

"Yup." Dean mumbles, filling the glass up with holy water. "One sip of Jesus juice, this evil bitch is gonna be in a world of hurt." Dean puts the glass back on the table before pulling out a wrapped package.

"And what if he's not possessed?" Sam asks.

"Then he is a shapeshifter." Dean says. He takes out the silver cutlery and replaces the diner's silverware with his silver.

"Hence the silver." Sam says.

"Look, either way, this thing is gonna bleed. I mean, using dad as bait? That's the last mistake of its short, pitiful life." Dean growls. He looks between the twins who are staring at him.

"What?" Dean asks and Sam looks away. Natalie rolls her eyes. "What?"

"Dean... listen. There's an entry in dad's journal." Sam says, flipping through the pages. "From January of 1990, saying he's headed to Minnesota to check out a case. That's roughly, oh, about nine months before the kid was born." Sam says.

"Coincidence." Dean states.

"Coincidence?" Sam asks.

"Hell of a coincidence." Natalie scoffs.

"Next two pages of the journal -- torn out." Sam says.

"You're not actually buying this, are you?"

"Look, man, I don't want to believe it either, I'm just saying it's possible. I mean, dad would be gone for weeks at a time, and he wasn't exactly a monk."