100. whore of babylon

The siblings are all in the front seat while Dean drives as quickly as he can. Jacob and Larissa are in the back with the girls.

"Drive faster, Dean." Sam says.

"I can't." Dean says. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm amazing." Sam says sarcastically, holding onto his arm that's bleeding.

"You ever seen that many?" Dean asks.

"No. No way. Not in one place." Sam says.

"What the hell?" Dean asks. He makes a sharp left.

Dean squeals to a stop as they come up to a burning building. Dean puts the car in reverse and starts to go, but his window breaks, a demon trying to yank him out. Another demon breaks Sam's window, trying to pull him out.

Natalie wraps her arms around her stomach as her brothers both flail, hitting her in the head a few times as the demons try to haul them out of the car. Jacob and Larissa both lean over the two kids, making sure the demons can't get to them.

Suddenly, water sprays the demons and they let go of the brothers, the two falling back into their seats. Natalie relaxes a little, resting her hands on her baby bump.

They watch as a guy recites something in a different language, using a megaphone to be heard. The demons are exorcised, the five adults getting out of the car.

"No." Libby whines, tightly gripping onto Jacob's arm.

"Okay, hey, it's okay." He mumbles, picking her up. He holds her, letting her cling onto him like a koala. Ophelia gets out, holding onto his other arm.

"You guys alright?" Rob asks.

"Peachy." Dean says.

"Be careful. It's dangerous around here." Rob says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." Dean says.

"No need to thank us." Rob says.

"No, hold up a sec! Who are you?" Dean asks.

"We're the Sacrament Lutheran Militia." Rob states.

"I'm sorry -- the what?" Dean asks.

"I hate to tell you, but those were demons and this is the apocalypse. So... buckle up." Rob says.

Dean opens the trunk of the Impala, showing the small group of men the arsenal.

"Looks like we're in the same line of business." Sam comments.

"Yeah, and among colleagues. That's a police issued shotgun." Dean points out. "That truck is, uh... inspired. Where'd you guys pick up all this shit?"

"You know, you pick things up along the way." Paul says.

"Guys, come on. This whole corner of the state is nuts with demon omens. We just want to help, that's all." Dean says.

"We're on the same team here. Just talk to us." Sam says.

"Follow us." Rob tells them.

+++

They follow them to their town and pull up in front of a church. They get out of the Impala and Sam has changed into clean clothes and his arm is fixed up.

There's a devil's trap outside, leading up to the church, and the three walk over it, going into the building.

"Who would have thought the apocalypse could be so romantic?" The pastor asks. Natalie looks around and sees a lot of the people sitting in aisle seats have shotguns in hand. "Marriage, family -- it's a blessing. Especially in times like this. So hold on to that."