061. dream root

They're at the hospital after Dean got a call about Bobby being in the hospital. They're in Bobby's hospital room, the man lying in the hospital bed, unconscious.

"So, what's the diagnosis?" Sam asks.

"We've tested everything we can think to test. He seems perfectly healthy." The doctor says.

"Except that he's comatose." Dean says.

"Mr. Snyderson, you're his emergency contact. Anything we should know? Any illnesses?" The doctor asks Dean.

"No, he-he never gets sick. I mean, he doesn't even catch cold." Dean says.

"Doctor, is there anything you can do?" Sam asks.

"Look, I'm sorry, but we don't know what's causing it... so we don't know how to treat it. He just... went to sleep and didn't wake up." The doctor says.

+++

They walk into Bobby's hotel room, looking around.

"So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?" Sam asks.

"Unless he's taking an extremely lame vacation..." Dean says.

"I mean, he must have been working a job, right?" Sam asks as the three look around.

"Well, you think there'd be some sort of sign or something, you know?" Dean says. "Research, news clippings... or a fucking pizza box or a beer can."

"He hides everything." Larissa states, walking over to the closet. She pushes all the clothes aside to reveal Bobby's research.

"How'd you know to do that?" Natalie asks.

"Jacob and I have been going on cases with him since we started living with him." Larissa says with a shrug.

"Good old Bobby, always covering up his tracks." Dean chuckles.

"You make heads or tails of any of this?" Sam asks. Dean grabs a paper off the wall.

"Not a single thing." Natalie says.

""Silene capensis." Which, of course, means absolutely nothing to me." Dean says.

"Here. Obit." Sam takes a newspaper clipping off the wall. "Dr. Walter Gregg, 64, university neurologist."

"How'd he bite it?" Dean asks.

"Um... actually, they don't know. They say he just went to sleep and didn't wake up." Sam says.

"Like Bobby." Natalie mumbles.

"Yeah." Sam whispers. "All right, um... so, let's say Bobby was looking into the doc's death. You know, hunting after something--"

"--that started hunting him." Dean says. "All right, stay here. See if you guys can make heads or tails of this."

"What are you gonna do?" Sam asks.

"I'm gonna go look into the good doctor myself." Dean says before leaving. "Anybody? I mean, four and one seems pointless."

"I'll go." Jacob says, shrugging.

"Don't kill each other, please." Natalie says as they leave.

"I make zero promises." Dean says making Natalie glare at him.

"Only in self defense." Jacob says, shutting the door behind him.

Natalie rolls her eyes, shaking her head.

"Is Grandpa Bobby gonna die?" Ophelia asks.

"No. No, honey, we'll... we'll take care of him." Sam assures, smoothing some of her hair down. "He'll be okay."