044. return of meg

Dean and Natalie are both asleep on the same bed. Ophelia and Libby are awake and haven't heard from Sam. Ophelia tried to call him on Dean's phone, but he didn't answer.

Ophelia starts to shake her dad's shoulders, but he just brushes her off.

"Daddy? Aunt Natty?" Ophelia asks. Neither give her a response.

Libby climbs onto bed and crawls up to them. She bites Dean's arm making him jump awake.

"Ow!" Dean exclaims, rubbing his arm. "Dude, what the heck?"

"Well, it woke you up." Ophelia notes.

Libby jumps on top of her aunt, landing on her stomach. Natalie groans in pain as she hunches over, groaning.

"What the fuck?" She mutters.

"Daddy's gone." Libby states.

"Baby, violence is not the answer." Natalie tells her.

"Daddy's gone." Libby repeats, not caring that her uncle and aunt are in pain.

"Well, here, I'll call him. He probably just went to get food or something." Dean says, grabbing his phone.

"I tried calling him. Three times. He didn't pick up." Ophelia says.

"Huh." Dean hums, clicking on Sam's number. He listens to it ring before the voice message plays. "Weird."

"Lemme try. He likes me better." Natalie says, grabbing her phone.

"Wha-- he does not." Dean argues.

"Yes, he does." Ophelia counters, nodding.

Dean glances between the two in offense and Natalie smirks. Natalie calls Sam, but doesn't get an answer.

"Yeah, no, no answer." Natalie says.

+++

They're parked at an underpass and Dean and Natalie are standing outside the car and he calls Ellen.

"Ellen, it's me again. Any chance you've heard from him?" Dean asks. "I swear, it's like looking for my dad all over again. I'm losing my mind here."

"Yeah, except I care more." Natalie mutters.

"No, we've called him a thousand times, there's nothing but voicemail. We don't know where he went or why. Sam's just gone." Dean says.

Dean's phone beeps.

"Hang on." Dean looks at the person calling him and sees it's Sam making him immediately answer. "Sammy? Where the hell are you? Are you okay?" "Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Where are you? All right, don't move, I'm on my way."

+++

They rush through the halls of the motel, Natalie holding Libby and Dean is holding Ophelia's hand. Dean finds the room number Sam gave him and he knocks on the door.

"Sam, it's us. Sam!" Dean calls. He turns the knob, the door being unlocked. They walk in and Dean lets go of Ophelia and Natalie puts Libby down, both rushing to their brother.

"Sammy?" Natalie asks, sitting next to him.

"Sam? Hey." Dean crouches next to Sam who is sitting on the end of the bed. Ophelia keeps Libby back, despite the younger girl trying to get to her father.

"Hey, guys." Sam mumbles.

"Are you bleeding?" Dean asks.

"I tried to wash it off." Sam says.

Dean sees Sam's shirt covered in blood and he feels around for a wound.

"I don't think it's my blood." Sam says.