036. crossroads

The five are at a diner and Dean and Ophelia are sitting across from Sam, Libby, and Natalie.

"So much for our low profile." Sam says while looking at his laptop. "You've got a warrant in St. Louis, and now you're officially in the feds' database." He tells Dean who is eating fries.

"Dude, I'm like Dillinger or something." Dean grins.

"Dean, it's not funny. Makes the job harder, we've gotta be more careful now." Sam says.

"Well, what do they got on you two?" Dean asks, nodding between the twins.

"I'm sure they just haven't posted it yet." Sam mutters.

"No accessory? Nothing?" Dean asks.

"Shut up." Sam says.

"You're jealous." Dean laughs.

"No, I'm not." Sam argues.

"Uh-huh." Dean remarks.

"Yes, he is." Ophelia argues.

"I love her." Dean says, pointing at his daughter. "Ophi, my beautiful baby girl, thank you for having no filter." He lowers his arm from the back of the booth to around her shoulders, bringing her into a side hug. Ophelia giggles and Dean kisses her on top of the head.

"All right." Dean sighs. "What do you got on the case there, you innocent, harmless young man, you?" Sam shuts his computer, giving Dean an annoyed look. He pulls out some papers.

"Architect Sean Boyden plummeted to his death from the roof of his home, a condominium he designed." Sam says.

"Hmm. Build a high rise and jump off the top of it. That's classy." Dean says. "When did he call animal control?"

"Two days earlier." Sam says.

"Did he actually say black dog?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. A vicious, wild, black dog." Sam says.

"But doggies supposed to be nice." Libby pouts.

"Not this one." Sam sighs.

"The authorities couldn't find it, no one else saw it; in fact, the authorities are a little confused as to how a wild dog could get past the doorman, take the elevator up and start roaming the halls of the cushiest joint in town." Sam says while Libby climbs into his lap. "After that, no more calls, he doesn't show up for work, two days later he takes a swan dive."

Libby reaches up and plays with his hair and squishes his nose, trying to cure her boredom since she finished eating. Sam lets her do whatever knowing nothing will stop her anyway.

"Do you think we're dealing with an actual black dog?" Dean asks.

"Well, maybe." Sam shrugs as Libby pinches his cheeks.

"What's the lore on it?" Dean asks.

"It's all pretty vague." Sam says, giving Dean the papers. "I mean, there are spectral black dogs all over the world, but... some say they're animal spirits, others say death omens. Ow." He gently pulls Libby's hand away from his hair. "No tugging."

"Whoopsie. Sowry." Libby kisses the knuckle of his thumb, even though it's not the part she hurt.

"But anyways, whatever they are, they're big, nasty." Sam says.

"Yeah, I bet they could hump the shit outta your leg." Dean says. "Look at that one, huh?" He shows the twins the drawing and laughs. His smile drops at the twins' annoyed looks. "What? They could."

"What's hump?" Libby asks as she stops messing with the buttons on Sam's shirt and turns to her uncle. Natalie presses her lips together so she doesn't laugh. Sam glares at Dean who sheepishly smiles.