043. 2018

"Okay, you guys are good, right? You have all the-- all the food and-and you three are good with hanging back?" Sam asks.

"Well, you didn't really give us an option, so." Libby gives him an annoyed smile.

"Right." He mumbles.

"Okay, none of you are allowed to die. Got it?" Larissa says.

"Yeah, and, uh... you're gonna have to be really careful with Briar. She will definitely do something life threatening." Natalie says.

"But Justin should cause you no issues." Jacob says.

"You make this sound so appealing. And I've been a professional babysitter since I was five and I've done this a million times. I think I got it." Ophelia says.

"You know, you guys are worse than my parents ever were." Nathan comments, popping a Cheez It into his mouth.

"Well... it's fun being the stress free parent." Dean grins. "Let's go, you worriers. Baby girl, you don't die either." He tells Ophelia before kissing her on the forehead.

"Oh, hey, somebody cares about me not dying." Ophelia says.

"We don't-- we do care-- you know what we mean." Sam says. "Be good." He tells Libby, kissing her on the head.

"I'm officially a babysitter. Why do I get a "be good"?" Libby asks.

"Cause you're still younger than those two." Sam nods to Nathan and Ophelia. "Bye, baby." He kisses Athena on her cheek.

"Bye, daddy." Athena says.

"She doesn't get a "be good"?" Libby asks, motioning to the five year old.

"Be good." Sam tells his younger daughter.

"Bye." Larissa kisses Libby's cheek. "Bye." She kisses Athena's cheek.

"Bye." Libby mumbles.

"Bye, mama." Athena says.

"See you guys, later." Jacob tells his kids. He kisses Justin on the head and then kisses Briar's cheek.

"We love you, too." Natalie tells Ophelia, kissing her on the cheek. "Remember -- you were my first kiddo." She smiles and Ophelia smiles a little.

"I love you more than anybody else, though." Nathan says, his arm wrapping around Ophelia's shoulders. Ophelia giggles, kissing him.

"Hey, 3 feet!" Dean calls out, both eighteen year olds rolling their eyes.

"Bye, baby." Natalie hugs Justin and kisses him on the head. "Bye, baby." She hugs Briar, kissing her on the head.

"Oh, and hey, no sugar." Sam says.

"Yeah, no, totally." Ophelia waves him off.

"Have you met them?" Larissa asks, dragging her husband out of the kitchen, the five parents leaving.

+++

Nathan walks into the war room, stuffing his face with some cookies Ophelia made. He looks around, finding Briar on the outside of the railing leading to the door.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey!" Nathan exclaims. He puts the container on one of the steps and rushes up to the step by Briar. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm climbing. Duh." Briar says.

"How many times have we all told you not to do this?" Nathan asks. "Come here." He grabs her under her arms and lifts her up over the railing. "You realize you could get seriously hurt doing that?"

"I haven't yet." Briar argues.

"Yeah, because we always stop you." Nathan says.

"Or because it's not as dangerous as you all believe." Briar says.