089. parting ways

They're at the hospital and Bobby is sitting in a wheelchair and is staring out the window of his room. He has a baseball cap on and a robe over his hospital gown.

Sam, Jacob, and Natalie are standing in the doorway, Sam holding Libby. Dean, Ophelia, and Larissa walk up, the former holding an envelope.

"It's been like three days now." Dean says quietly and Sam sighs. "We got to cheer him up. Maybe I'll give him a backrub."

"Dean." Sam gives him a look.

"Well, what, then?" Dean asks.

"Look... we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time." Sam says. "What's in the envelope?"

"Went to radiology." Dean pulls papers out of the envelope. "Got some glamour shots." He hands Sam the stuff, a chest X-ray with symbols on the ribs. "Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

"Holy, shit." The twins mutter.

"Yeah, well, Cas carved you guys one, too." Dean tells his siblings.

Sam's phone rings and he answers it.

"Hello?" He asks." Castiel?"

"Speak of the devil." Dean says.

"Uh, St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you-- Cas?" Sam asks. He hangs up.

A few moments later, Cas walks up.

"Cell phone, Cas? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?" Dean asks.

"You're hidden from angels now -- all angels. Speaking of." Cas puts his hands to Larissa and Jacob's stomachs and both wince in pain.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Jacob groans.

Cas reaches for Libby and Ophelia.

"Whoa, whoa, hey--" Sam tries to pull his daughter away.

"Whoa, hey, hold it--" Dean protests.

Cas ignores them as he engraves the symbols into the girls' ribs. Ophelia whimpers, falling into Dean's side, him wrapping his arms around her. Libby cries out in pain, some tears falling, and Sam hugs her.

"Cas!" Sam hisses.

"It's for their safety. You want your six year old being kidnapped by angels?" Cas remarks. "I won't be able to simply--"

"Enough foreplay." Bobby calls. "Get over here and lay your damn hands on me."

"But foreplay's, like, super important." Larissa mutters. Jacob and Natalie both snort, Dean shrugs a little, Cas and the two children look confused, and Sam gives her a bitch face.

"Get healing. Now." Bobby demands when nobody moves.

"I can't." Cas states.

"Say again?" Bobby asks, turning his wheelchair to face Cas. The angel walks up to him.

"I'm cut off from Heaven and much of Heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't." Cas says.

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?" Bobby asks.

"I'm sorry." Cas tells him.

"Shove it up your ass." Bobby turns back to the window.

"At least he's talking now." Dean quietly says.

"I heard that." Bobby says.

"I don't have much time. We need to talk." Cas tells the others.

"Okay." Dean says.