028. really long nap

Sam walks into Dean's hospital room, looking at his brother's unconscious body. He finally managed to stop crying and get Libby to stop crying and come back inside. Libby is sniffling, her head resting on her dad's shoulder, cuddling into him as much as she can.

"Sammy!" Dean's spirit calls. "You and Libs look good. Considering."

"Oh, no." Sam whispers.

"Man, tell me you can hear me." Dean begs. "How're Ophi and Nat? Are they okay? Is dad alive? Come on, you're the psychic. Give me some ghost whispering or something."

Libby's eyebrows furrow and she lifts her head, looking around the room. Not seeing anything, she rests her head back on Sam's shoulder.

A nurse walks in, knocking on the door frame.

"Your niece is awake." She informs.

"Thank God." Dean sighs in relief.

"She's gonna be okay?" Sam asks.

"Yep. You know, she got very lucky. Guess she has some sort of guardian angel watching over her." The nurse smiles before walking out.

Sam quickly goes to Ophelia's hospital room and Dean follows.

"Oh, baby." Dean sadly sighs when he sees Ophelia's right arm in a cast and the bruises and scratches on her face, not to mention the tired look on her face. Her left ankle is wrapped up due to the sprain.

"Hey, Ophi." Sam gently greets. She manages to smile at him. "How you feeling?" Libby doesn't show any excitement for her cousin, not up to being happy when she's both tired and still sad.

"My whole body really hurts." Ophelia says making Sam softly laugh.

"Makes sense." He nods. "But you'll be okay. You'll be better before you know it."

"Are you guys okay?" Ophelia asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're fine." Sam forces a smile.

"What about daddy?" Ophelia asks, managing to sit up with a small wince.

"He, uh... he'll be fine." Sam tells her.

"You're lying." Ophelia pouts.

"Ophi..."

"Is he dead?" She worriedly asks.

"No. No, he's not dead. He's just... he isn't awake yet." Sam says. "But he'll wake up. I'll make sure of it."

"What about Aunt Natty?" Ophelia asks.

"Yes. Yes, Natty. What about Natty?" Dean asks.

"Um..." Sam looks down, quietly clearing his throat.

"Where's Aunt Natty?" Ophelia asks.

"Honey, she... she didn't make it." Sam quietly says.

"What?" Ophelia asks, tears springing to her eyes.

"No. No, no, no." Dean whispers, feeling tears prick his eyes.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. She... she died." Sam says, his voice cracking as he winces as if he's in pain. In a way, he is.

"But... no." Ophelia whines, starting to cry.

"I know. I-I know, honey. I'm sorry." Sam scoots closer and hugs her with one arm, keeping Libby in his other. Ophelia ignores the pain from her concussion as she sobs into her uncle's chest.

"No." Dean rushes out and follows the signs until he gets to the morgue. He looks through the window and his heart drops as he sees a doctor standing by Natalie's body, only her head showing as the doctor writes on a clipboard.