057. fairy tales

"I don't understand, Dean. Why not?" Sam asks.

"Because I said so." Dean says.

"We got the colt now!"

"Sam..."

"We can summon the crossroads demon..."

"We're not summoning anything."

"...pull the gun on her, and force her to let you out of the deal!"

"We don't even know if that'll work!"

"Well, then, we'll just shoot her! If she dies then the deal goes away!"

"We don't know if that'll work either, Sam! All you're pitching me right now is a bunch of ifs and maybes, and that's not good enough because if screw with this deal, you die!"

"And if we don't screw with it, you die!"

"Sam, enough! I am not going to have this conversation."

"Why, because you said so?"

"Yes, because I said so!"

"Well, you're not dad!"

Natalie rubs her temples, wishing she didn't get waken up from her sleep because of them. Ophelia and Libby are both still somehow asleep, though Ophelia is starting to stir.

"No, but I am the oldest." Dean states. "And I'm doing what's best. And you're going to let this go, you understand me?" He orders, his voice raising. They glare at each other for a few moments before Sam stares out the window.

"Why are we fighting?" Ophelia groggily asks, finally waking up.

"It's nothing. Go back to sleep." Dean tells her.

"I can't do that if you're screaming at each other." Ophelia comments.

"Sorry." Dean tells her. "Just... just go back to sleep, baby." He says. Ophelia huffs, shutting her eyes, easily drifting back to sleep.

"Sam, tell me about the psychotic killer." Dean says, but Sam doesn't say anything. "Come on, Sam, tell me about the psychotic killer."

Sam grabs a newspaper off his lap.

"Psychotic killer... rips victims apart with brute like ferocity." Sam says.

"Okay, any mention of his razor sharp teeth or his four inch claws? Animal eyes?" Dean asks.

"No. But the lunar cycle's right. Look, if it is a werewolf we don't have long, moon's full this Friday and that's the last time it changes for a month." Sam says.

"Two days, no sweat." Dean says.

+++

They met up with Jacob and Larissa, and the five are now in the hospital room with the surviving victim.

"I'm Detective Plant, this is Detective Page, Jones, Thompson, and Detective Bonham." Dean states, the five putting their badges up. "We're with the County Sheriff's Department."

"Yeah, uh, I've been expecting you." Kyle says.

"You have?" Dean asks.

"All morning. You're the sketch artists, right?" Kyle asks.

"Uh..." Sam looks at his siblings.

"Absolutely." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam quietly agrees.

"Yeah. That is exactly who my partner is. The things he can do with a pen." Dean laughs. Sam glares at Dean. "But listen, before we get started on that, I wanted to ask you, uh, how'd you get away?"