015. telling secrets

The five are in their motel room and Sam is sitting on one of the beds with Libby on his lap and he's on the phone, trying to find John. Dean and Natalie are sitting at the table and Ophelia is sitting on the table while Natalie paints her nails.

"No, dad was in California last we heard from him." He tells Caleb. "We just thought, he comes to you for munitions, maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks." He says. "Just call us if you hear anything. Thanks." He hangs up.

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asks.

"Nope. And neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Any leads in there?" Sam asks.

"No, same as last time I looked. Nothing I can make out. I love the guy, but I swear, he writes like friggin' Yoda." Dean says.

"You know, maybe we should call the feds. Files a missing persons."

"We've talked about this. Dad would be pissed if we put the feds on his tail." Dean says.

"Well, in that case, I say go for it." Natalie grins and Ophelia can't help but quietly giggle at her aunt's excitement.

Dean's phone goes off and he goes over to his bag, searching for it.

"After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean... he should've been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and nothing." Sam says.

"I know!" Dean exclaims, still going through his bag. "Where the hell is my phone?"

"You know, he could be dead for all we know." Sam says.

"I'm good with that." Natalie mumbles, gently blowing on Ophelia's nails.

"Don't say that! He's not dead." Dean states. "He's--he's--"

"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?" Sam asks.

Dean finds his phone and looks at it.

"Huh. I don't believe it." Dean mutters.

"What?" Sam asks.

"It's, uh... it's a text message. It's coordinates." Dean says. He goes back to the table and gets on the laptop, typing them in.

"You think dad was texting us?" Sam asks.

"He's given us coordinates before." Dean says.

"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean." Sam says.

"Sam, it's good news. It means he's okay, or alive at least." Dean says.

"Was there a number on the caller ID?" Sam asks.

"Nah, it said "unknown."" Dean states.

"Well, where do the coordinates point?" Sam asks.

"That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois."

"Okay, and that's interesting how?"

"I checked the local Rockford paper. Take a look at this. This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. And earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum."

"Okay, I'm not following. What does this have to do with us?"

"Dad earmarked the same asylum in the journal. Let's see..." Dean flips through the journal. "Here. Seven unconfirmed sightings, two deaths -- till last week, at least. I think this is where he wants us to go." Dean says.

"This is a job. Dad wants us to work a job." Sam says.

"Well, maybe we'll meet up with up him? Maybe he's there?" Dean suggests.