26

" do you really like her?" I asked Kaleb

he came over to my house to talk about this girlfriend that he has had for a couple of months. I don't know why I feel like I am losing him. he is definitely a relationship type of guy, and he throws himself into his relationships, and he gives 100%. That's the same thing that happened when he went to college. I can't expect him to wait for me forever and I know that. He is a lover boy.

" it's been three months and yes, I do love her."

" oh shit." I covered my mouth. "You love her?" He nodded slowly.

"Yes, you have to meet her, she is the nicest and sweetest girl in the world. She is so beautiful and smart." I nodded.

A part of me wanted him to stop talking and the other part of me knew that I needed to support him.

"That is great." I smiled and he stared at me. "What?"

" You're doing it again."

"Doing what?" I shrugged. "I am not doing any- please stop staring at me like that." I let out a shaky breath and sucked up my emotions. " Listen I am really happy for you."

It felt like I was gonna break down crying any second.

" thank you." He watched me.

" why are you doing that? Why are you trying to make me cry?" I covered my face and he sighed. "We are not doing this?" I pulled myself together. " I refuse to make you feel bad for finding happiness. I am fine." I shook it off.

"I am sorry." I shook my head.

" no, do not be sorry. Tell me more about her." He nodded.

" She motivates me, she teaches me. She is funny, and she reminds me so much of you." I nodded. " She is also a nurse, and she's in school for her doctorate." I smiled.

"So she is really smart." I smiled and he laughed. " maybe she can convince you to go back to school and finish."

" we had a talk about that." I nodded. " Maybe it won't work out, and then we can get married at 30."

" But maybe it will, our plans weren't definite. If you find some girl that you love, then you can be with that person. You don't have to marry me at 30 that was just some thing that we said." He nodded. " do not feel bad for me, stop doing that. Just live your life. I'll support you just how you support me. I still want to be your best man and your wedding." He laughed.

"I love you so much man."

"I love you too but you know that  you cannot talk to me like that anymore." We laughed. " Don't talk to me like you wanna make love to me." He laughed.

"Okay."

" i'm OK with giving her a quarter of your attention." I joked and he chuckled. " no but honestly I'm so fucking happy for you. I really hope you guys last, you have been so occupied lately and I'm like what the fuck is he doing?" We laughed. " you were just out there boo loving like the slut that you are."