37

" congratulations!" I yelled and Josh laughed

"Thank you."

After their fifth court date, the divorce is final. I admired how they left their marriage with dignity. It wasn't a big mess. Both of them were just ready to move on with their life. She just wanted the house because her and my mom picked those specific houses to be close to each other. He understood that and of course she would have needed help to keep up with the house expenses and her life expenses.

" so are you going to celebrate or are you going to work?"

" the guys I wanted to go out. I got to go meet with your dad. He invited me out for lunch probably to give me some words of encouragement. You know how he acts. He always tries to act like a father figure in my life like I'm not a grown ass man. I appreciate it sometimes though." He laughed. " then she wanted to plan this divorce party. Just wants to let everybody know the latest news. I don't know about all ofthat, it's way more important shit that I could be doing."

" well, that's how the neighborhood is, you don't have to. But you know that the neighborhood has parties for every little thing." He laughed.

"Yeah."

" so where are you guys going to party?"

" I don't know, I don't plan on drinking or anything but they invited me out and they planned everything out so I'm just gonna show up to show my gratitude."

" are you around somebody?"

"No."

" then why are you talking like that?"

" What are you implying?"

"Stop. I need you to start using AAVE. You sound like a teacher or something."

"Oh my fault, i've been in court all day."

"Yeah get it together."

"I am about to go in the house so if I don't reply, it's probably because she around."

"Okay."

" You can keep talking, though, I can hear you."

I heard his car door shut. I can hear shuffling.

* Joshua is that you... yes, where are you... the living room...*
"Joshua es que tú... sí, dónde estás... la sala de estar..." they yelled back and forth. "¿Acabas de entrar? ... sí, tuve que dejar a Gia a la vuelta de la esquina en casa de su novio... ¿cómo te sientes? .... Estoy bien, me alegro de que todo haya ido bien y de que no se haya perdido el amor. Estoy tan feliz de que podamos seguir siendo familia y grandes padres... Sí, quiero darte las gracias por eso. Te respeto por eso. Estaré fuera de casa en unos tres días... tómate tu tiempo, no hay prisa..."
* Did you just get in?... yes, I had to drop Gia off around the corner to her boyfriends house... how are you feeling?.... I am fine, I am just glad everything went smooth and there was no love lost. I am so happy we can remain family and great parents.... Yes I wanna thank you for that. I respect you for that. I will be out the house in about three days... take your time, it's no rush...*