Nature Boy

I wanted to add a special plug here – if you use Twitter please, please go give our girl Denise Crosby some love & words of support! She tweeted on Feb 13 about how she would like to talk to the powers that be about making some sort of Tasha Yar story/backstory happen. (IKR?! – squee!) 

She also tweeted about feeling left out with all the Picard hype and how it was a bit of bummer that she wasn't included in Picard. We know there's some sort of mention/tribute to the character in S3, but certainly not what all of us Tasha-stans would hope for.

So please (if you can) go give her some love on that tweet and let her know that there's still an audience that adores the character she brought to life! <3

-X-

Author's Note: Okay. I lied. This is now four parts. When I hit 26k words I knew I had to start making cuts and split into two. (Next chapter coming tonight - final formatting now).

These next two chapters are the conclusion of the Schizoid Man arc. This is Ira's swan song. He has risked everything and cannot bear the thought of falling short now.

I do not want to make excuses for Ira's behaviour. He refused treatment and made the choice to invade Data. However, this is largely driven by his disease. The damage caused by Darnay's disease is still affecting his mind and his ability to think rationally.

This is a dangerous situation compounded by his chauvinistic & arrogant personality.

Please be warned: This chapter contains violence that may be triggering for some.

You're probably wondering "When do Data & Tasha finally get a break?" They do! This has always been a story about love, found family, and happy endings. And I try to balance the angst & fluff so as not to oversaturate either. We're moving toward the height of the Conspiracy arc and it involves a lot of action, plot, and political intrigue.

In fact, it will be months before either Data or Tasha is subject to any sort of serious personal harm again - Data's encounter with the Iconian device when we hit Contagion and later Tasha's encounter with a rather fiesty orange kitten....

-X-

Hero Worship is our next arc. And while the circumstances of Timothy's rescue are tragic, it's a lovely, fluffy chance for Data to connect with someone in a way that makes him realise he has a lot to offer as a parental figure.

This stirs up some strong feelings in Data...

As always, I am overwhelmed by your support! Thank you for all your feedback, comments, messages, fanart, and theories. Restores my faith in humanity!

-X-

Without warning the door flew open and Tasha scrambled to cover herself up.

"I wasn't, um, I was just-" she stammered, hiding under the sheet.

The sound of warm, familiar laughter filled the room.

Tasha lowered the sheet just far enough to peek out.

"I forgot to ask how you like your eggs," Will Riker said.

Tasha blanched. He was wearing a short dressing gown and a beaming smile.

"I hope you're hungry," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

A long, slow whine escaped from Tasha's throat as fell back against the pillow.

What have I done?