Bit of Sunshine

Author's Note: From the bottom of my heart – thank you! I woke up this morning with all these new comments and was simply overwhelmed. You all are the best!

Eek! Here we are – the conclusion of the Haven storyline! Thank you so much for your patience with this three-parter.

Thank you for your continued interest in this story!

As a warning, this chapter contains mentions of CSA and Data's past abuse. Also, unintentional underage drinking.

Tasha and Ishara are much closer in age in this story than they are in the original canon.

As a reminder – if you read or write Trek fanfiction OR make Trek fanart, I'd love to have you join me in the 2022 Summer "Trekbuster" Challenge! Details available at charliefenwick.com

-X-

"I'll beam the letter over. And the rose," Deanna said. "She should have it."

"You don't have to do that," Wyatt said as he shook his head.

"I want to," Deanna insisted.

They were gifts Wyatt had intended for Arianna – even if he hadn't been consciously aware of her presence at the time.

Wyatt nodded.

"Thank you. You really are one of the most beautiful people I've ever known," Wyatt said.

When their channel disconnected, Deanna glanced over at the chameleon rose on the table in her quarters.

It was a deep, dark shade of blue.

Only this time, it was blue for an entirely different reason.

-X-

When she returned from the Transporter Room, Deanna found Will Riker waiting outside of her quarters.

A part of her wanted to run away, to turn around and get back on the lift and be anywhere other than with Will.

He had been staring in the opposite direction. Riker turned at the right moment and Deanna knew she had been caught.

Riker grinned as soon as he saw her.

"Imzadi," he said with a smile.

Will's smile was genuine. He wasn't gloating. He was truly happy to see her and had been looking for her ever since the wedding had been called off.

"Will," Deanna said, greeting him with a tight nod.

"I didn't come to bother you," Will assured her. "But I thought this might cheer you up."

He was holding a box filled with some of her favourite treats, a bottle of Risian wine, and the Latinum-infused face mask she liked from the spa.

Deanna was touched.

"Thank you," she said.

Riker pulled her into a warm embrace, brushing the top her head with a soft kiss. Deanna remained stiff in his arms. He knew this wasn't the time or place to get romantic, but he was relieved that he hadn't lost her.

"What do you want to do tomorrow? Anything you want," Riker asked.

In order to facilitate the exchange of water between Haven and the new Tarellian ship, the Enterprise was going to delay the start of shore leave. Fortunately, Captain Picard had granted the senior officers the day off.

"I'm spending the day with my mother," Deanna said.

"Oh," Riker responded, doing his best to hide that he felt a bit put off.