The Reunion

Author's Note: Thank you for all your likes, kudos, and comments. I love reading your feedback and theories on this story.

In this chapter, Data finally gets to attend the Starfleet Academy Reunion which he's been looking forward to. There are three glimpses of characters in this chapter that we'll see again in the future. I debated about including them or not. However, after I considered the significance of this event, I decided it was likely they would be present at such a big reunion. 

And I just love a good foreshadowing.  

One of the cameos was inspired by my collaborator Lady_Lore. She put the idea in my head, and it was too juicy an idea to ignore!

Once the reunion is complete, Data and Tasha are heading off for five days together alone. It's going to be a fluffy little moment before we move into The Big Goodbye and The Battle.

If you like chatting about the fandom or writing fanfiction in general – join me on Twitter @TheTartanTart.

----------

Data turned his head side to side in the mirror as he took in his appearance.

He snatched his comb off the shelf and brushed his hair back again. Data stopped, evaluated his appearance, and then resumed combing his hair.

Once he was satisfied, Data grabbed his dress uniform jacket and slipped it on.

He turned back to the mirror and smiled. Data had been practicing that smile for days in anticipation of the reunion.

There would be thousands of Starfleet Academy personnel present at Starfleet HQ for the event. There were a variety of receptions taking place simultaneously across the main campus hosted by various departments.

Data wanted to make a good impression. While he had never been close with his classmates. But there were many individuals he had known throughout his years in Starfleet that would be present, and Data was eager to reconnect with them.

Tasha was lying on her bed, watching him.

She'd been ready for over an hour.

Tasha tapped the screen on her PADD to check the time and realised it was probably necessary to step in. The hour was growing late, and they were due across the bay for the Karagite Order of Heroism ceremony at 19:00 hours.

She got up from the bed and wrapped her arms around Data.

"Tasha, I just pressed this," Data protested.

She released him and he turned to face her. Tasha smoothed down the front of his uniform, running her hand over the gold braid.

"You know you're the most handsome android in Starfleet," Tasha said with a grin.

Data cocked his head to the left as the corner of his mouth curved upward.

Suddenly, his smile faltered as he pondered the meaning of her statement.

"Tasha, I am the only android in Starfleet," Data said.

"And we're going to be late," she replied, dodging his question.

She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and made for the door.

"Tasha? Tasha, was that intended to be humorous?" Data called after her.

----------

When they beamed down, Data and Tasha made a beeline for the tram station. Squeezing onto the tram, they made it barely in time to get across the bay.