Blast From The Past

Author's Note: Thank you for your ongoing support with this series! We are fast approaching Measure of a Man which will be one of the pivotal moments in the series.

Long chapter warning! 

I really wanted this to be one chapter. It's just way too long. So....it's three.

I want to say to my readers in the States – I am so sorry and troubled by the recent overturning of Roe v. Wade. It was never my intention to drop The Appendix in and around the time of that decision. I fully understand how triggering such a chapter can be. It was uploaded prior to the announcement and after much internal wrestling I decided to keep it up. It was already posted, and this fic has been my lifeline for over a year.

While there are heavy moments, I live for the fluff and fun. It's keeping me going right now and I hope that it gives you all a little sense of escapism as well.

This chapter starts a bit raw, but we're going to have some fun here as Haven marks the return of Lwaxana!

Chapter-specific C/W: This chapter addresses pregnancy, death, and a brief mention of the death of children.

While chunks of this chapter are going to feature heavily on Deanna & Will Riker's relationship, there's also considerable attention given to exploring the friendships between Data & Tasha and Will & Deanna as well as the mother-daughter relationship between Lwaxana and Deanna.

I wanted to give both Lwaxana and the Millers a better shake than they got in the episode. Lwaxana is such perceptive woman, I don't see her pushing Deanna into anything.

Thanks for sticking with this story!

-X-

Last but not least, I want to plug out for two projects I've been working on:

First: The Star Trek Summer Trekbuster Challenger is now open! This is a fun "challenge" open to any creators for both fics & fanart! Readers and creators are welcome to participate.

It's completely free and runs July & August.

Please note this is just for funsies. There is no actual prize beyond glory to you and your creation.

Full details at: charliefenwick.com 

Second: I write a lot – averaging around 100,000 words per month. I get quite a number of DMs asking about my writing style, habits, etc. so I wanted to share.

So I've relaunched my blog & Patreon. The *vast* majority of content there is completely free and that's how I intended to keep it.

Don't worry – I'm not going to be plugging this every chapter.

It's all tips for creators on harnessing your motivation, setting yourself apart, and examining different writing styles. There are prompts, ideas, and tools designed to help creators!

If this is something that interests you (or you want to support my work) please consider checking it out – it includes the Master List WIP Tracker tool that I credit with making all the difference in my productivity (available for patrons) and monthly zoom calls for a writing club.

-X-

Captain's log. Stardate 41294.5. Our destination is the class M Beta Cassius planet known simply as Haven. It is a word so renowned for its peaceful beauty that some believe it to have mystical healing powers. We will rest and relax, all too briefly, I fear.