The Priority

Author's Note: Thank you all so much for your ongoing support with this story!

This is quickly ballooning into one of the longest Trek fics on the internet (not there yet but getting close) and IMHO Data & Tasha deserve nothing less! 

I apologise for the delayed update. I needed to step back for bit and write something else just to keep the creative juice flowing. My newest story is a collaboration with Lady_Lore that focuses on Worf/Tasha with a DaForge secondary subplot. Chapter one of Steadfast Tin Soldiers is posted now if you want to dip your toes in the water of those ships.

Our roadmap for the next couple chapters is an arc that sets the stage for Measure of a Man. It includes:

Home Soil

When the Bough Breaks 

The Appendix

Haven

Keep the Home Fires Burning (A Data/Geordi friendship chapter)

Requiem for a Butterfly (A Tasha/Worf friendship chapter)

-X-

Captain's log. Stardate 41310.2. We are just under eight hours out from Mordan. I've been summoned by Doctor Crusher for an early morning meeting in Sickbay. What began with an incident, has quickly devolved into a health crisis.

I fear what impact Admiral Jameson's failing health will mean for our upcoming diplomatic mission.

In further consultation with Karnas, he has made clear that the terrorists will not accept a substitute for Jameson at this point. Once I have a status update on Admiral Jameson's condition, I will relay the information on to Starfleet Command.

-X-

"His red cell count is running riot," Beverly said with a frown. "The cellular structure of his body is radically changing."

Captain Picard and Doctor Crusher were in her office in Sickbay. Beverly was seated at her desk and Captain Picard was standing behind her.

She tapped the screen on her computer to display three different images.

"These were the samples I took immediately after his collapse," she said, pointing to the image on the far left. "These were two hours later. And these were taken an hour ago."

Captain Picard wasn't precisely sure what he was looking at – but he knew there had been a significant change between the three images.

"What do you mean changing? Is this some sort of infection?" Picard questioned.

Beverly shook her head.

"I don't know what it is," Beverly answered. "I have never seen anything like this."

"Doctor, please," Picard implored her.

"His cells are undergoing a rapid de-aging process. He's getting younger. He even looks younger," Beverly said.

There was no explanation for such a dramatic shift in the Admiral's cellular structure – at least not one that Beverly had ever seen before.

"Jean-Luc, there are absolutely no traces of Iverson's Disease in his system," Beverly shared.

She had checked her work twice.

"But you said there was no cure for Iverson's," Picard replied.

"None that we know of," Beverly shrugged as she stared at the screen. "He claims its part of a new treatment. But whatever this new treatment is, it's some kind of secret substance. Admiral Jameson stopped his treatment with Starfleet medical six weeks ago."