Dissonance and Resolution

Author's Note: Thank you! You folks that read/review/comment/kudos/subscribe are giving me LYFE! I can't begin to tell you how much it means to see whenever one of you leaves another beautiful comment. Seriously, you folks are the best!

This chapter is meant to be fun and light-hearted. We're going to see a little more Sonya/Geordi in the future. This is going to be a slow-build romance. Geordi's got a tender heart and he's not keen to have it broken again.

We've got a series of light chapters coming in the next few instalments – fluff, another Girl's Night, and plenty of family appearances.

----------

"So?" Worf asked. 

"So what?" Tasha replied as she ducked his jab.

A second later, Worf blocked her left cross.

"Are we still on for tonight?" Worf questioned.

There was a concert at Ten Aft that Tasha had suggested they attend. There was a crew band performing tonight headlined by one of their security ensigns, Luis Cevallos.

Although they had made plans the night before, Worf wanted to be sure.

"Of course!" Tasha replied as she landed a blow on the side of his head.

Worf made a slow attempt at a jab. Tasha countered by blocking and nailing him with an uppercut. He was clearly distracted by something.

"Why?" she asked as her brow furrowed. "You OK?"

It wasn't like Worf to question or cancel plans.

"I do not wish to intrude if you would rather spend time with Commander Data," Worf explained. "I believe the black hole ordeal has been a reminder of mortality and the importance of treasuring the moments we do have with our loved ones."

Tasha dropped her hands and stopped.

"Is this about the woman on your desk?" Tasha asked knowingly.

Worf looked scandalised.

"No!" he answered quickly.

Too quickly.

"Why not?" Tasha asked.

"I do not wish to discuss it," Worf replied stiffly.

He turned away and stepped over to the edge of the holographic boxing ring. Worf slipped out under the rope and grabbed his workout duffle.

"Oh come on! She's gorgeous," Tasha protested. "And you clearly have feelings for her. Why can't you talk to me about it?"

Before responding, Worf took a long drink of water from his canteen. He returned the bottle to his bag and then rested his arms on the rope.

"Do you wish to discuss the details of where and how you took the oath last night?" Worf retorted as he cocked his eyebrow.

"Ok, point taken," Tasha said as she put her hands up to signal surrender.

Worf climbed back into the ring.

"Someday I hope you will meet her," Worf said.

It was a peace offering and Tasha understood that. It wasn't that he didn't trust Tasha, but he didn't even know where to begin when it came to explaining his history with K'Ehleyr.

The incident with the black hole had left quite an impression on Worf. It wasn't just a reminder of his mortality, it was a matter of honour. He had left too many things unsaid. Worf and K'Ehleyr had gone their separate ways – and he had let her. Because he knew that she wanted her career, and she wasn't ready to commit to a relationship.