Parents

Author's Note: From the very bottom of my heart, thank you for all your support of this series.

Sorry it's been about 10 days since our last instalment. My head has been wrapped up with events to come in this story and I've found myself focused on writing some of these later chapters. Eek! My heart. These two...*sigh*

We are a very long way off from this - but I've been working on le baby (c'mon, you know it's coming) and my heart just wants to burst. 

I am so thrilled to finally incorporate Lwaxana! She's a joy to write and lights up any scene in which she makes an appearance. I think she brings a much needed 'spice' to the crew. Don't worry – "Haven" is still going to happen and we'll see plenty more of her in later instalments of this story.

As always, feel free to join me on Trek Twitter @TheTartanTart.

-----------

"What are you doing here, mother?" Deanna demanded.

Oh relax, Little One. Deanna heard her say inside her mind.

"I've been on Earth for a Federation negotiated conference representing Betazed," Lwaxana explained aloud. "Since the Enterprise is heading off to the Jarada sector, I figured I'd travel this way until we reach Starbase 121. Give us a chance to spend a little time together."

Don't groan. Lwaxana warned Deanna telepathically. I can read just how excited you are. Come now, it won't be that bad.

A few metres away, Worf was enveloped in a warm embrace from his parents.

Sergey was a burly man with a striking silver beard. Helena was surprisingly petite, completely dwarfed by her Klingon son.

"When do we get to see the Engine room? Eh?" Sergey asked excitedly.

Worf cleared his throat.

"That section is off limits to guests, father," Worf replied.

He tried to break his mother's embrace, but Helena wasn't letting go.

"Indulge me, Worf," she said as she smiled up at him. "It has been too long."

After a few moments, she broke away and turned to grab a box the two had brought onboard.

"I made Rokeg Blood Pie, Bregit lung with Grapok sauce, and blinis with heart of Targ," Helena informed him. "And your Babushka has made you a special batch of Rugelach."

Worf grinned.

"I don't know what they are serving you, but when your father was posted to the Intrepid I always had to make sure he ate enough," Helena said. "Rozhenko men have always had big appetites."

Worf blushed as she patted his stomach.

"Are you eating enough?" Helena asked, concerned.

"Of course he is!" Sergey said. "Look at how much he has grown."

Sergey gripped Worf's bicep proudly and beamed.

"A tribute to Starfleet," Sergey proclaimed.

It was clear that the Rozhenko's were incredibly proud of their son and warm, affectionate people.

"Allow me to introduce my parents, Sergey and Helena Rozhenko," Worf said as he turned to Tasha. "Lieutenant Yar has kindly agreed to escort you on a tour of the ship."

"You are Natasha?" Helena asked.

She didn't wait for an answer before pulling Tasha into a tight hug.