Long Before You Miss Me

This chapter and the next conclude the Enterprise-C arc.

This chapter gives us a little more insight into Captain Rixx. I simply adore Michael Berryman. He's an absolute gem and I was always sad they didn't bring his character back for more of a conclusion with the Conspiracy arc (more on that to come).

The next roadmap is below. There are a number of fun chapters in the next arc to break the tension.

ROADMAP:

Contagion

The team race to the aid of the USS Yamato to prevent an important Iconian discovery from falling into Romulan hands.

A Night At Ten Forward

On the eve of her return to Earth, the situation on the Enterprise deteriorates. In the midst of a possible mutiny, Ten Forward becomes an escape. Wine, beer, and music all flow freely as the team decides to face the music and dance.

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics

The Enterprise arrives at Earth to discover a changed Starfleet Command. An effort to root out Romulan infiltration leads to disastrous results for the team.

To Hell... / ...and Back

The conspirators make a fatal error by underestimating Data.

Reassigned, scattered, and destitute, the team learns that family is both a liability and an asset – and just how far they'll go to protect it.

The Replacements

There's no reprieve when the team is recalled to the Enterprise for an emergency. In the wake of the Romulan conspiracy, no one is certain what comes next. The team devise a plan to stay together after a rumour circulates that Starfleet Command intends to split the crew up.

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

News of a surprise wedding leaves the team reeling. But this is the Enterprise. Cold feet is the least of their problems.

-X-

So I leave you softly long before you miss me

Long before your arms can beg me to stay

For one more hour or one more day

- Giorgio Calabrese & Hal Shaper

-X-

"Welcome to the USS Thomas Paine," Rixx said.

The slender Captain hauled Tasha to her feet.

"You'll forgive me if I skip the tour," Rixx said dryly as he resumed his position in the Command Chair.

"What are you doing out here? Timely arrival," Tasha asked as she dusted off her uniform.

Rixx merely cocked an eyebrow.

"Later, right," Tasha said.

"Sir, we're detecting another energy build up from the Romulan ships. There's a second vessel on an intercept course," the helm advised.

Worf.

"You know what to do," Rixx said.

The USS Thomas Paine moved to intercept the beam directly, shielding Worf's ship from the blast. As a heavy cruiser, she had one of the most impressive shield arrays in the entire fleet.