The Heist

Author's Note: Wow – you folks really have blown me away with all your support.

Thank you for all your reads, reviews, likes, comments, kudos, and kind words!

We've had some emotional weight from the last few chapters. And there's going to be more of a fluff/angst theme in future chapters – the Traveller, Q, and more to come.

BUT TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!

Instead, we are going to have some pure-unabashed, shameless fun! This chapter is *mostly* fluff, innuendo, and friendship set to the backdrop of a holodeck adventure/day at the Enterprise spa.

There are definitely some shades of Picard/Crusher in this chapter which has slowly become a pairing on the peripheral of this series.

As always, if you like my works or want to stay up to date with art, comics, or just like chatting about the fandom you can like/follow at charliefenwick.com or @TheTartanTart on Twitter.

-----------

"This story shall the good man teach his son. And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, from this day to the ending of the world. But we shall be remembered – we few, we happy few, we band of brothers," Data said. "For he today that sheds his-"

Data opened his eyes.

He blinked a few times, recognising the grey ceiling above him, as he accessed his internal chronometer.

A moment earlier he had been standing atop an ancient wooden cart delivering the Saint Crispin's Day speech from Act IV of Shakespeare's Henry V.

He had most certainly been on the holodeck.

There was a throng of English soldiers and he had been wearing the full costume including the bowl cut period authentic wig he had replicated. It had been precisely 11 degrees Celsius, and the holodeck had perfectly replicated the conditions of the Agincourt battlefield - right down to the thick mud.

Yet, he had no memory of leaving the holodeck.

In fact, he could not recall initiating a holodeck program in the first place.

Data knew that there had been some damage from the Edo orb, but that had been yesterday.

The damage had not been permanent – or so he believed.

A hand across his abdomen pulled him out of his thoughts as his partner turned and slid toward him.

"Morning," Tasha said sleepily as she nuzzled her head against his shoulder.

"Tasha, how long have I been here?" Data inquired.

She sat up on her elbow and looked at him strangely.

"Are you alright, Data?" she asked, concerned.

As of last night, it had seemed like his memories had been restored.

"How long have I been here?" he repeated.

Well, Geordi had said it may take thirty-six hours. Tasha thought to herself.

"Do you mean in this room or aboard the Enterprise?" Tasha teased.

"I was on the holodeck. And then I opened my eyes and I was here," Data said, his eyes flitting back and forth rapidly as he tried to figure out how it was possible.

"What do you mean you were on the holodeck?" Tasha asked.

Data proceeded to describe to her what he had experienced – the scene from the play, the simulated weather, the costume.