Home

Author's Note: Thank you for your continued support with this series. All of your reviews, likes, kudos, and messages are wonderful!

As promised in our previous "roadmap", we're going to be hitting The Traveller and Q in the next few chapters. Playing a wee bit fast and loose again with canon. You may notice some subtle differences in the sequence of events and dialog in comparison to the actual episode.

Trigger warning: This chapter and the next focus on The Traveller, please note there are  mentions/flashbacks of sexual assault. I always thought that scene lacked context, I've attempted to provide some additional lead-in to that scene as to why Tasha was in that headspace.... enter one Ensign Walsh and his crude behaviour. It's not necessary to have read "The Complication – Missing Scenes" but it does provide some extra context for Walsh and Tasha's previous interactions (huge THANK YOU to Lady_Lore to expand Walsh as a 'villain'). Please be advised if this triggers you, you may want to skip over those scenes.

So, what's next? We still have a long way to go with "The Complication." The next few chapters will see the appearance of Q, Angel One, and an original adventure involving a black hole that introduces the start of a romance for Geordi.

As always, if you like my works or want to stay up to date with art, comics, or just like chatting about the fandom you can like/follow at charliefenwick.com or @TheTartanTart on Twitter.

-----------

Stardate 41260.7

Tasha glanced over to her left. Worf was working at a console in the main Security Office.

He was stiff.

Too stiff, even for being typically uptight.

His shoulders were hunched as he tapped angrily. She had watched him tap the same button on the LCARs system several times, the frown on his face firmly in place.

"Alright," Tasha said. "What's going on?"

She watched him exhale, frustrated, as he continued to glare at the console screen.

"It is taking longer to finish this report than initially anticipated," Worf replied.

"You've been staring at the same record for nearly ten minutes," Tasha countered. "What is going on, Worf?"

Worf turned in his chair and she could see he was past the point of annoyance.

"I cannot find him," Worf explained.

Tasha furrowed her brow and he sighed in response.

"Kosinski's assistant," Worf clarified. "I can't find any information on him."

The Enterprise was on its way to rendezvous with the USS Fearless for an experimental test of the warp drive as part of an initiative through Starfleet Command.

When they had initially received the security files relating to Mr Kosinski, both Tasha and Worf had found them woefully lacking. He was a civilian propulsion expert. Allegedly, he had a method for increasing the speed of a starship that had proved effective in both the USS Ajax and the USS Fearless.

He travelled with a mysterious companion identified only as 'The Traveller' who insisted his name was unpronounceable by the human tongue.

In an effort to get a clear picture, Tasha and Worf had been pouring through any information they could find on the pair to fill in the gaps in the official security record.

Thus far, they had come up miserably short.

"Look, you're almost off anyways. Why don't we pick this up tomorrow?" Tasha suggested as she checked the time on her PADD.