Angel One

Author's Note: You all are literally the greatest.

Thank you so much for your continued support of this story. All of your support, comments, likes, kudos, follows, etc. are simply wonderful!

We're chugging right along through TNG series one. We're a little over the third of the way through what I've planned for this instalment in the series. In this chapter, we're back to our typical canon retelling with a mix of drama, humour, action, and romance.

Commander Riker gets a chance to encourage Data. Deanna and Tasha attempt to influence Angel One to change. And Data shows his meddle during an outbreak that leaves most of the crew down for the weather.

"The Complication" is intended to be a series that will feature three to four 'long' stories (approx. 500k-800k words), numerous regular length stories (approx. 100k – 150k words), and a variety of shorter instalments (one-shots, or less than 50k words).

In short – this story is not ending anytime soon. There will be plenty of DaTasha to come and I'm toying with the idea of doing companion pieces for the other members of the cast.

As always, if you like my works or want to stay up to date with art, comics, or just like chatting about the fandom you can like/follow at charliefenwick.com or @TheTartanTart on Twitter.

-----------

"Please attach the secondary routing mechanism and we will begin," Data instructed. "Hopefully the ship's systems have sustained enough residual charge to enable us to access the emergency-"

Tasha looked at him confused.

"Hook that blue cable into the power conduit and let's hope she's got enough juice left to do the rest," Geordi said to clarify.

The three of them along with Commander Riker had recently beamed aboard the Federation freighter Odin.

The ship had launched nine years ago as part of a long-term mining excursion near the Romulan Neutral Zone. It was to take a series of mineral samples and set up long-term scanning equipment on a variety of planets throughout a system rarely visited by Starfleet.

It had been due back at Starbase 12 following the completion of its mission.

That had been seven years prior.

The Odin had not been seen nor heard from since.

While en route to a routine science mission, the Enterprise had stumbled upon the vessel floating adrift.

After their hails went unanswered, a quick scan informed them it was a missing freighter.

Captain Picard had ordered an away team over to investigate. Their sensors had determined the ship was completely disabled and thus the team donned their EV suits.

When Geordi, Data, Tasha, and Commander Riker had beamed aboard, they were surprised to find the ship completely abandoned.

"It seems like whatever happened here, at least they managed to get away," Geordi said brightly.

"Or were captured," Riker suggested. "Romulans?"

They were relatively close to the Neutral Zone.

Tasha shook her head.

"They wouldn't leave a ship behind," Tasha said.

Romulans were the masters of covering their tracks. They knew not to leave any evidence behind.

"The only way to be certain will be to analyse the ship's logs," Data advised.

So, Data and Geordi had requested a mobile power source be sent over to 'jump' the computer for Data to access the records.