The Truth

A/N: Thank you who have read, liked/kudos/voted, subscribed/followed, and reviewed. Getting lost in this story had been a labour of love and I'm so grateful for all of you who have joined on that journey.

Part One of the Edo/Justice storyline! Enjoy! :)

This story is a retelling of the first season of TNG. We're playing a wee bit fast and loose with canon. My intention is to weave in both "missing scenes" and some original adventures. In this story, Miles is the transporter Chief and is considered a fellow senior officer.

Cheers, Charlie

-----------

"It's like an Eden," Beverly explained as she took a sip of her synthesised wine.

She was back aboard the Enterprise after visiting the Edo planet.

"That's exactly how Lieutenant Moran described it," Tasha said.

During their time on the colony, the Enterprise had explored other M-Class planets in the same solar system. One of the planets they found was that of the Edo. It was a beautiful planet with lush gardens and a temperate climate. The people were technically advanced but lived a simple life of leisure and relaxation.

The Enterprise crew were long overdue for shore leave and this planet seemed like it may provide just the right thing for the overworked crew.

The initial away team, headed by Doctor Crusher, had made a formal recommendation to the Captain.

"And you think he will approve shore leave?" Deanna inquired.

Beverly nodded with a small smirk.

"I'm going to push for it. I think the Captain will agree," Crusher said.

They had concluded their mission on the colony, and everyone had felt the strain of the last week on both their minds and bodies.

Beverly had treated Riker's injuries following their dramatic capture of the creature. There was no lasting damage, but being drug across the rocky, muddy terrain had left him sore and heavily bruised.

"Was it worth it?" Beverly asked him.

"Absolutely!" Riker replied, beaming.

"I think we are all due for a break," Deanna said as she cast her gaze at Tasha.

"You are going to love it," Beverly said as she recounted what their encounter had been like.

"The Edo sound lovely," Deanna smiled.

"You know I have to complete the report before we can even consider a rotating shore leave schedule," Tasha replied.

"Of course, but I know tonight I'll be dreaming about one of those massages," Beverly winked.

"Let's just not get our hopes up yet, OK? Every garden has it's snakes," Tasha replied.

"Tasha, are you alright?" Deanna asked.

Both Beverly and Deanna had been concerned when they had heard about the incident with the Byaki creature. In their roles as Chief Medical Officer and Counsellor, they were a little apprehensive after reading the report. Tasha, Worf, and Commander Riker were all risk-takers. The hunt had injured several crewmembers.

As friends, they were concerned that Tasha had made a number of risky choices during the week.

"Once we complete the evaluation, we'll be able to assess if shore leave is appropriate," Tasha stated. "I don't think we should get our hopes up just yet."