Justice

Author's Note: Thank you all for your kind words, kudos, favourites, reviews, and support.

This is the LAST chapter on the Edo. I promise this time! Up next we've got Q, the Traveller, and a holodeck adventure in store!

As always, this is a work of fan fiction for entertainment only!

Now just grab a cuppa, sit back, and imagine:

Majel Barrett's voice: And now the conclusion.... 

-----------

When they beamed back aboard the Enterprise the next morning, Data was ready to get work on finding the link between the storm and the meteor shower.

Stepping onto the Bridge, Captain Picard was looking pleasantly relaxed after having seventy-two hours rest.

"Was it as good as reported?" Riker asked eagerly.

He was on the beta shift and was looking forward to enjoying his time on shore leave.

"Oh, I think you'll like it, Number One," Picard said as he took his seat in the command chair.

"They're wild in some ways, actually puritanical in others. Neat as pins, ultra-lawful, and they make love at the drop of a hat," Geordi reported.

"Any hat," Tasha added as she made eye contact with Data briefly before he turned in his Operations seat to face the viewscreen.

"Any negatives?" Riker questioned.

"There was a large storm the first night," Worf explained. "Otherwise, the weather was most pleasant."

"No problems?" Riker asked in disbelief.

"None, sir," Tasha responded.

"But there is a problem here, Captain," Data said as he scanned the readings on his console.

"It's a faulty reading that I reported on our first day, sir," Lieutenant Wu advised.

She had been the Lieutenant sitting in at the Operations post during alpha shift the last three days.

"I'm reading something off the starboard bow, but there is nothing there," Data explained.

"Sensor technicians are working on it, sir. They've identified a glitch in the system," Tasha said as she scanned the report at the Tactical station.

"Captain, with your permission, I'd like to begin beaming our people down for the second shore leave rotation," Riker requested.

"Of course," Picard nodded.

-----------

Tasha and Worf joined Commander Riker, Counsellor Troi, and the Crushers on the transport pad. Although they were beaming back down to the planet, this time Tasha and Worf were there in their roles as security officers, just as Lieutenants Moran and Ross had done during the first rotation.

Several of the Edo came running over upon their arrival to greet them.

"You have returned with your second grouping!" Liator said as he greeted the team.

"Health and happiness," Rivan said as she greeted Commander Riker with a hug.

"This is Counsellor Troi," Riker said as he introduced Liator to Deanna.

"Slowly, slowly. I must welcome this lovely one," Liator said as he leaned down to give Deanna a hug.

"Healthy sensuality, sir. I feel mainly friendship and happiness," Deanna reported as she read their feelings.