Chapter 5: Taking pictures

Gu Siyu rested her chin on her hand and tapped the screen with her finger, contemplating how to take the shot.

She had missed the opportunity to capture Huo Junxian's shoulder strap gesture earlier, which would have been a great shot. She suggested, "Should we pull the shoulder strap down?"

Huo Junxian smiled as she looked into Gu Siyu's eyes and walked over to the bed, lifting the covers and lying down. She crossed her long legs, and then slowly bent one leg, lifting her skirt slightly and revealing her thigh.

She looked very charming.

She leaned back and said, "How about this?"

"That's right. It looks better on the bed," Gu Siyu replied with a smile.

Huo Junxian turned to get a book, leaving Gu Siyu with a good angle for the shot. Gu Siyu captured the tempting gesture while holding the dog leash in her hand, which hit the headboard and made a loud noise.

Adjusting the camera mode on her phone, Gu Siyu said while filming, "Huo Junxian, are you always so defenseless?"

Huo Junxian returned with a book and began to flip through the pages to find where she had left off last time. She took a bookmark from inside the book and placed it on the table.

She began to read.

Gu Siyu really wanted to give Huo Junxian a lesson, to let her know that there were many bad people in this world, and not to be too generous with others, nor to give her heart and soul to them.

Many people appear to be nice to you, but they have ulterior motives.

Gu Siyu was a good example of this.

Huo Junxian became engrossed in her book, and she glanced up slightly to see Gu Siyu holding the dog leash in her hand. "Stop playing with it. Don't hit yourself," she warned.

It was just a dog leash. Gu Siyu felt touched by her concern. She hung the leash on the headboard and said, "Don't you want to tie me up?"

Huo Junxian lowered her gaze, and Gu Siyu smiled. She took close-up shots of Huo Junxian with her phone. Huo Junxian was so interesting, and the photos turned out great, with an ambiance of orange-hued ambiguity without having to use any lighting.

"What book are you reading?" Gu Siyu curiously asked, "Let me have a look."

Huo Junxian lifted the book up to show her the title.

"Comment dompter un chien."
(Note: "How to Tame a Wild Dog")

Gu Siyu saw the title, but didn't recognize any of the words.

"Is it in English? What does 'Comment' mean?"

Huo Junxian showed her the book and let Gu Siyu have a look.

Gu Siyu glanced at the densely-packed pinyin and couldn't understand it. Oh well, she felt embarrassed for her lack of culture.

She suspected that Huo Junxian was doing this on purpose.

Gu Siyu used her phone to take pictures of Huo Junxian again, getting closer this time. The resulting photo was a half-body portrait that took up the entire screen, with a truly remarkable visual impact.

As she was about to take another picture, her phone rang. Jin Yuansen was calling. Huo Junxian glanced up at her, and Gu Siyu clicked her tongue before sliding her finger to answer the call.

Jin Yuansen's voice sounded a little urgent, "Where are the photos?"

Before Gu Siyu could reply, he continued, "You're not trying to fool me, are you? I don't like people joking around with my money. If there are no photos, I'll freeze the card. If you don't listen to me, I'll stop the card."