Chapter 42

Early in the morning, there was a drizzle that fell silently, drop by drop. If it weren't for the dampness left in the soil of the small potted plant on the windowsill, hardly anyone would have noticed that the rain had fallen on this city.

It has been a long time since the last heavy rain, and this city hasn't felt a trace of coolness. The air is always filled with sparks, hot and stuffy, ready to ignite at any moment.

Gu Siyu woke up first. She had slept lying down at night and when she put on her clothes, she realized she had put on a patient's gown. She took off the clothes and went to see Huo Junxian next to her, thinking of asking Huo Junxian to bring her a clean set of clothes.

She gently patted Huo Junxian's waist and said, "Get up, the doctor will come for rounds later. It's not good for you to be naked."

Huo Junxian was still asleep and responded absentmindedly with a hum. Gu Siyu patted her a few more times, and the clapping sound echoed as her palm hit her waist. It felt satisfying to hit her because her skin was so good.

Huo Junxian shook her head, her words filled with sleepiness, "Don't make a fuss. I don't want to do it anymore. Let me sleep a little longer, we'll talk when I wake up."

Gu Siyu wanted to laugh. She couldn't help but sit on Huo Junxian's waist.

Huo Junxian slowly woke up, opening and closing her eyelids. Gu Siyu's legs were all better now, and she began to act flirtatiously with her.

"Good morning," Huo Junxian greeted proactively, her hair in a mess. Her face looked tired and sleepy, with her eyebrows twitching slightly and her eyelashes fluttering. Her smile was lazy, "You're so enthusiastic."

She held Gu Siyu's waist with both hands, lightly scraping her fingers over the bruises on her waist, and then touching the burned area on her lower abdomen, she asked, "Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo to cover up this scar?"

Gu Siyu narrowed her eyes, then looked down at her, and said, "I thought about it when I was in middle school and wanted to save money to get rid of this scar. But as I grew up, I stopped wanting to." She held Huo Junxian's hand, guiding her to touch these scars. "Don't you find them sexy?"

"Yeah, sexy," Huo Junxian said with her eyes closed, drawing lightly on them. "It's a sunflower."

"I thought you wanted a sun," Gu Siyu chuckled.

Huo Junxian took a deep breath, her chest rising and falling rapidly. She propped herself up on the bed and asked in a hoarse voice, "Can I ask how exactly it was done?"

Gu Siyu moved away from her for a moment, leaning against the head of the bed. Her mouth felt dry, and instead of answering directly, she remembered the scene earlier when Huo Junxian was sitting on her and getting dressed. She felt like she had made up for it and reached over to pinch Huo Junxian's flesh.

Huo Junxian winced in pain and handed her a tissue box, saying, "Do you want it?"

Gu Siyu took two tissues and said, "I won't tell you about the past, but I quite like these scars. Do you know what they represent?"

"What?" Huo Junxian asked.

Gu Siyu pointed to each scar and said with a smile, "They represent that Gu Siyu is very capable."

"Very brave," Huo Junxian said.

In Gu Siyu's understanding, the word "brave" was associated with past weakness, directly linked to "vulnerability."

After getting up, the doctor came to examine Gu Siyu and said that she was recovering well. Gu Siyu asked if she could be discharged and go home to rest because she felt like she was starting to mold in the hospital. The doctor didn't agree and asked her to stay a few more days for observation.