Chapter 97

These two people have been staying together all along. When they returned, the courtyard of Huo Junxuan was neatly arranged. Flowers were in full bloom throughout the courtyard, and the ground was covered with many pink and white petals.

Huo Junxuan spent a day adjusting the details, making it similar to how it was before. In the end, she gave Teddy a bunch of flowers, sat on the ground, and talked to it. She would pat the little mound of soil, telling Teddy that Gu Siyu would accompany her for a lifetime.

Huo Junxuan, in a very good mood, called Chen Tao to express her gratitude. Chen Tao didn't take credit and directly mentioned that it was Gu Siyu who provided guidance for tidying up the courtyard. Huo Junxuan looked at Gu Siyu, nodded, and said she understood.

She moved her lips and mouthed to Gu Siyu, "What should I do? I like you even more now."

"Okay, there's one more thing," Chen Tao's tone became slightly serious. He was about to talk about work, and Gu Siyu didn't want to listen. She headed into the living room.

Huo Junxuan followed slowly and went upstairs to the study.

Gu Siyu lay on the sofa, playing with her phone.

Unconsciously, she saw the compressed file she had downloaded last time.

Due to accompanying Huo Junxuan, she had almost no social interactions. Even the messages from He Xiao were left unanswered, and the plan to run away was put on hold.

Her fingers tapped on the screen's edge, and the intact tempered glass film was damaged.

Later in the evening, Huo Junxuan's company secretary came to deliver something. She mentioned that there was a banquet in the evening, specially inviting Huo Junxuan to attend.

"Why am I invited?" Huo Junxuan asked sharply. She rarely participated in business activities and didn't like going to the office. Despite everyone knowing she was the head of the Huo family, nobody would come to disturb her.

"On the surface, it's a gathering, an invitation from a friend of Mr. Huo. They want you to come and have fun. However, I think it's for a project. You know about the recent island project; many people are eager to grab it. This person has connections with the Qin family, and Chen's team plans to compete for it," the secretary explained.

The island project was currently a hot topic. The original project manager from the Qin family faced a financial crisis and couldn't continue, intending to sell it at a low price. Whoever took it over would make a profit, and everyone was trying to grab it.

On one side was emotion, and on the other was reason. Huo Junxuan decided to attend.

"Did he come to my father's funeral?" Huo Junxuan's father's funeral was simple, attended only by a few close friends and some relatives. She didn't invite people who seemed irrelevant and wanted to take advantage of her father's death to discuss cooperation.

"He came," the secretary nodded.

Then he wouldn't suddenly invite me," Huo Junxuan said calmly.

"Huh?" The secretary looked at her with confusion.

The young secretary didn't understand these twists and turns. Gu Siyu raised her head to look at Huo Junxuan.

Huo Junxuan patiently explained, "Friends who had a good relationship with my father know my temperament. Xiao Yu just passed away, and he wouldn't invite me in such a hurry."

"Oh, I see. Then..." The secretary was still puzzled.

"Tell Uncle Chen that there's no need to compete for that project. It's probably a set-up waiting for people to fall into the pit after it's designed. Besides, they won't give it to us later. Ask Director Chen to work on other projects. Let those who have time to spare mess with it. We don't need to waste our time and energy," Huo Junxuan said. "I will attend the banquet this time."