Chapter 102

Money is not always all-powerful. Despite throwing out the most tempting conditions, Huo Junxian still couldn't take over the club. The boss was hesitant and afraid to offend her, constantly speaking good words to her, hoping she would come to play often in the future.

Huo Junxian smiled and said it was okay. She didn't buy the club, and she didn't get angry. Her thoughts were hard to fathom. Was she really planning to invest crazily in this club, or was she testing the person behind the club?

Gu Siyu came out of the bathroom and stood in the corridor, enjoying the breeze. She smoked one cigarette after another; sometimes this stuff could alleviate the pain.

When Huo Junxian came out, Gu Siyu finished rinsing her mouth, and the two went to a nearby restaurant for dinner.

"Don't buy it." Gu Siyu cut the steak with a knife and fork. People in the restaurant spoke in hushed tones, and the band played a soothing tune, Rain fell outside.

"Hmm?" Huo Junxian looked at her.

Thinking about how to explain, Gu Siyu felt distressed when Huo Junxian spent money recklessly, especially because she had no need to do so.

"I won't go to that club anymore," Gu Siyu said.

Huo Junxian raised an eyebrow, making a soft sound of acknowledgment.

Gu Siyu said, "Don't waste your money. Use it for other investments. Earn a lot of money every day. Isn't that good?"

"Because I like money. It's hard for me to see you losing money. You should invest in something profitable, make a lot of money, be smart, and be the strategic young lady. I'm begging you, okay."

Huo Junxian thought for a moment and nodded in agreement.

There had to be someone who compromised. Gu Siyu cut the steak forcefully, turned her head, and with red eyes, said, "Why is the music played so sadly? Is it like this in high-end restaurants?"

Huo Junxian raised her hand to signal the conductor to come over and changed to another lively rhythm, Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in F Minor, "Winter."

"This is good." Gu Siyu fed herself a piece of steak.

As they listened, it seemed like the rain outside was getting heavier.

The restaurant provided umbrellas for customers. Gu Siyu took a black umbrella and, with it open, they strolled along the street. Raindrops splashed on their pants, and both of them ended up with wet cuffs. Huo Junxian wore leather shoes, and after walking a few steps, Gu Siyu squatted down, lifted her shoelaces from the water, and tied a bow for her.

When she stood up, Huo Junxian handed her a handkerchief. Gu Siyu asked, "Don't you have tissues?"

"Use this for now," Huo Junxian said.

"I don't think it's just 'for now.'" Gu Siyu wiped her shoulder and tucked the handkerchief into her pocket. The two continued walking along the street.

The rain gradually turned into a storm, and their umbrella nearly flipped. Seeking shelter, they found a nearby milk tea shop. Customers were rushing inside, and only two seats remained.

Two guys rushed ahead, but Gu Siyu entered first, placing the umbrella on the table and claiming a seat without much courtesy. She let Huo Junxian sit there.

The two guys stared at her actions dryly. Gu Siyu raised an eyebrow, and they dared not say much. Gu Siyu ordered a large bucket of fruit tea. Having just eaten, they couldn't fit in more food, so they shared the tea, one using a straw, the other a spoon.