Chapter 73

When Gu Siyu left, she clearly felt that the entire city was in an urgent state. The atmosphere at the airport and train station was tense, and in the crowds coming and going, everyone's gaze was filled with curiosity. She dared not approach or make eye contact with anyone, and a sense of killing intent permeated the surroundings. Whenever someone wore formal attire and had Bluetooth earphones, Gu Siyu would be on guard and avoid them.

She went to the bus station again, stood on the overpass, and clearly saw several people lingering at the intersection, specifically staring at others' faces. Unexpectedly, there were people from Huo Junxian in this place too. She thought Huo Junxian lived a secluded life and probably didn't know about things like a "bus station."

Huo Junxian didn't miss any corner.

Gu Siyu pulled her hat down and turned to descend the stairs. She flagged down a car and quickly left the area.

She had considered whether Huo Junxian would look for her. The word "look" was not accurate; it could be described as "capture." Obviously, Huo Junxian was not afraid of trouble, conducting a carpet-style search, determined to find her.

"Phew."

Gu Siyu sighed, pressing her temples.

Was Huo Junxian furious now? If she caught her, she might kill her. She looked out of the window, suffering from a splitting headache, feeling panic creeping in.

Gu Siyu's guess was not entirely accurate. Huo Junxian had a calm temperament, not given to hysterics even when angry. She was silent, her lips pursed, her eyes as black as ink, absorbing any light that entered.

Chen Tao took her to several places, and during the journey, she sat silently in the back. Every time they came up empty, every time they couldn't find a trace of her, a crease would appear on her forehead. Chen Tao couldn't understand. Both of them had experienced life and death together, so why did Gu Siyu suddenly run away?

Huo Junxian was not happy, and Chen Tao felt uncomfortable following her. He defended his 'little sister,' saying, "She's indeed a scammer. She took the money and ignored you? Miss, wait and see, I'll make her come out sooner or later."

Huo Junxian rested her hand on Teddy's head, gently stroking it. Teddy remained still and let out a soft "woof."

"Is it scary?" Huo Junxian asked it.

"Woof." Teddy nuzzled into her palm.

Chen Tao thought seriously about a solution. Working for the Huo family, he had a strong grip, saying, "This is easy. She has two friends, right? I'll go press them a bit. I don't believe she can watch her friends being bullied. For the sake of her friends, she'll show up sooner or later."

"After she ran away, her friends immediately submitted resignation letters," Huo Junxian said coldly. "They had planned it together."

The road ahead was blocked, and Chen Tao honked the car horn, saying, "Miss, why don't we seek help from the police? Later, during the court proceedings for Jin Yuansen's property redistribution, the money Gu Siyu took would be considered your pre-marital property and must be returned to you. As long as we report to the police and they file a case, if she takes Jin Yuansen's money and refuses to return it, she will definitely face a lawsuit. If she continues to hide, it's tantamount to fleeing with embezzled funds, and she'll face criminal charges sooner or later."

Huo Junxian also looked out the window.

The weather was bright, and fluffy white clouds lazily floated in the sky. Despite her anger, why didn't she consider the consequences of her actions?

*

Gu Siyu ran for a long time and found a small motel in the outskirts far from the city. She paid an extra hundred yuan as a deposit. It was a small place, and the owner turned a blind eye to registration, simply giving her a room.