Chapter 62

Th autumn rain fell steadily throughout the night, and the uncleaned stains on the glass windows turned into a chaotic painting. With no moonlight, the entire room was dark and gloomy.

Gu Siyu lay on the bed, half in a dream and half awake, listening to the sound of rain. She had never experienced such a quiet moment before, pondering the future subconsciously while hearing the autumn rain.

She wondered what to do after getting money. Should she enter the entertainment industry, perhaps buy a role as a female star? She seriously considered it. The market for lesbian dramas was quite limited at the moment, but if she dedicatedly acted in one, who knows, the market might pick up someday, and she could even win an award.

If the drama became popular, it would be easier for her to make money as a star.

Apart from being able to ride a motorcycle and having an attractive face, she felt regretful about her other skills. She dropped out of high school in the second year, and upon entering society, she realized that despite being difficult and dull, studying was the simplest thing to do.

Back then, at the age of seventeen, she was in the most beautiful period of her teenage years, indescribably pretty with a height of 172 cm, a slender waist, and long legs. She was so self-absorbed that she thought she could enter the entertainment industry.

Naturally, she attracted quite a few admirers who were infatuated with her beauty. A wealthy second-generation individual pursued her aggressively, sending her flowers and money, persistently chasing after her. Gu Siyu was quite arrogant at that time, irritated by the pursuit, and warned the person with strong language. The wealthy second-generation, unable to win her over, had a twisted mind and imagined himself as a CEO, thinking that Gu Siyu was playing hard to get. He attempted to force a kiss on her, leading Gu Siyu to lose her patience. In anger, she grabbed a bottle and smashed it on his head.

Later, in a competition, the wealthy second-generation sought revenge, spending money to hire people to attack her. They deliberately collided with her on the field and, disgustingly, reported her for underage motorcycle riding. The police came and confiscated her motorcycle.

In the summer when birds are singing, she went from having a little to once again having nothing. At night, she lay on the bed, her body in pain, with all her bones out of place.

Most of the time, as she looked at the window, she thought maybe she should just end it all.

Some people are naturally unsuited for this world; she and this world were completely mismatched, in conflict. She should die.

But where should she go?

In the deep night, with the moon hanging in the sky and stars densely scattered, should she go to the moon or the stars?

But, but...

No matter where she went, she would be a complete stranger, likely to be rejected once again.

She saw the moon but dared not touch it. She saw the stars but dared not touch them. Looking at her reflection in the glass window, she forcefully closed her eyes and said, "Better to endure a difficult life than seek a better death, better to endure a difficult life than seek a better death, better to endure a difficult life than seek a better death!"

High school wasn't part of compulsory education, and the tuition for half a year was 2,500. No one generously offered to help her, and for her, that was an astronomical figure. Gu Siyu, dragging her body, pretended to be nonchalant as she dropped out of school. At that time, her grades were not among the top, but certainly not at the bottom. She felt that after working so hard to earn money for education, it would be a disservice to herself if she ended up with the lowest rank. Each time in class, she was considered average.