Chapter 11: Sharp Ears

"Wow, wow." He Xiao didn't expect that Huo Junxian would agree and went to look at Gu Siyu's legs. "Siyu, tsk tsk."

The three of them laughed at Gu Siyu, but she didn't say anything. After they finished laughing, Gu Siyu leaned against the sofa with her head tilted and looked back at them.

He Xiao shook her head, knowing that Gu Siyu was angry. She pressed her finger on her lips and asked Huo Junxian why she came here. Huo Junxian naturally didn't say that she came to find Gu Siyu, but said she was passing by and waiting for a friend.

"Which friend?" Gu Siyu asked.

"Just...a normal friend," Huo Junxian said.

"Oh." Gu Siyu got up from the chair and walked outside. She bit her lip all the way, and Huo Junxian followed behind her.

He Xiao and Duan Jiayang were suspicious and whispered behind them, wondering if Huo Junxian's friend was Gu Siyu.

Gu Siyu walked fast and left the bar first. When she reached the door, Duan Jiayang went up to her and asked, "Sister Huo, can I add your contact information?"

"Hmm?" Huo Junxian blinked, a little confused.

"Just...to get to know you?" Duan Jiayang said.

"I didn't bring my phone," Huo Junxian said.

"Don't you remember your phone number?" Duan Jiayang asked softly, looking like she really wanted to add her contact information. Soon, her cheeks turned red.

Huo Junxian smiled, "Sure."

Duan Jiayang breathed a sigh of relief.

"I was just thinking about your number, sorry, I don't usually remember it."

"It's okay."

Huo Junxian reported a string of numbers, "It should be this one."

Duan Jiayang entered it into her phone, and He Xiao pushed her, saying, "You're too bold, asking for her number like that."

"Do you want it?" Duan Jiayang held out her phone.

He Xiao suddenly fell silent and quickly took out her own phone, "Not for anything else, but mainly because I like her family's  dog. It'll be convenient for me to be a dog-licker in the future."

Duan Jiayang also said, "I just thought of asking Sister Huo for help in the future. You also know about my family situation..."

"You can pretend all you want. I think you are the one who wants to be a dog-licker the most."

"..."

There was a camphor tree outside the bar, and Gu Siyu stood there watching the three of them interact. She still held her phone and glanced at Huo Junxian a few times before turning and walking away.

The four people had different routes. They turned out of the alley and walked toward their respective communities. Huo Junxian followed behind Gu Siyu.

"Are you angry?" Huo Junxian took a step forward and spoke softly behind her, "Don't be angry."

"Can a mouth make up for anger?" Gu Siyu never accepted verbal apologies. Huo Junxian should understand this.

They walked two more steps forward, and in front of them was a small alley with no one around. They were walking very close together.

When they reached a dead end, Gu Siyu intentionally led Huo Junxian there. Huo Junxian said, "Do bad girls like fairy tales too?"

Gu Siyu didn't understand what she meant at first. Huo Junxian clarified, "I heard you sing."

"Is that so?" Gu Siyu asked, "Did you hear anything else?"

The two shadows were elongated, and they stared at each other for a moment before Gu Siyu walked ahead.

"You sing very well."

Huo Junxian followed behind her slowly. Later, they stopped at the entrance of a shop. Gu Siyu turned her head and said to Huo Junxian, "Wait for me here. I'm going to buy something."

Huo Junxian looked up and saw that the shop was in a small alley. It looked like the kind of underground black market, but they had a full range of goods. The owner was a middle-aged man, and his wife was cooking inside.

Gu Siyu went in and took a look around. She bought two bottles of yogurt, and the owner put them in a regular transparent plastic bag for her, saying, "The woman who came with you left."

Gu Siyu looked outside, but she didn't see anyone. She picked up her things and left. Huo Junxian probably wouldn't go back. Gu Siyu bit her lip and the curve of her mouth rose, like a smile, but also like anger.

She actually ran away?

Huo Junxian was really brave.

The person in the car hasn't arrived home yet, and the car window is half-opened. Teddy has been staring out the window, with a look of submission in his eyes.

The driver in front is turning the steering wheel and says, "Miss, why didn't you let me go just now? It's easy to deal with her."

Huo Junxian tilts her head slightly, her fingers resting on Teddy's chin as she strokes him. Shadows engulf her, but she just smiles.

The author has something to say:

Thank you to the little angels who voted for me or watered me with nutrients between 2022-01-23 13:35:562022-01-24 16:36:31

TO BE CONTINUE...