Chapter 99

Even though Gu Siyu wanted to stay up late and keep watch, the alcohol took its toll, and she fell into a deep sleep. She lay on the floor for a long time, until she felt the dawn approaching. Squinting at her phone, she saw that it was already 11:33.

Her head still ached, and Gu Siyu's phone had only 10% battery left. Calmly, she looked at the clouds in the sky, resembling the cotton candy she bought at the amusement park that day. Turning to look inside the house, there was no sound.

She washed her face in the yard, quickly waking up.

The morning sunlight wasn't harsh, even though it was approaching May. The day hadn't heated up yet, and birds chirped in the trees, possibly in a hurry to build nests but unable to find suitable places, jumping impatiently from branch to branch.

Gu Siyu called a car on her phone, placed a few fresh flowers on Teddy's grave, apologized, and then locked the gate securely.

The driver took her to her destination, and Gu Siyu was taking a gamble, unsure of how long she would stay there.

Upon arrival, she slowly came back to her senses. She hadn't brought anything with her, not even a change of clothes. Turning around, unfamiliar streets met her eyes, and she realized she had come quite a distance.

Her body was tired, a hangover headache pounded, and she sat at the entrance.

By noon, her friend returned.

Ye Qinghe lived here, and Gu Siyu thought it was close to her. She had specifically asked Jin Yuansen to give her a house in this area.

She had only been here once before. Last time she ran away, she didn't consider coming here to hide. Subconsciously, she felt that Huo Junxian knew about this place, and this house might not be safe.

Ye Qinghe held a keychain in her hand, glanced at Gu Siyu, and asked with confusion as she opened the door, "Why do you look so disheveled?"

"Disheveled?" Gu Siyu lifted her bangs, revealing her forehead. She smiled, showing a hint of small pointed teeth. Leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed, she said, "I partied at the bar all night yesterday, and my head hurts a bit."

Seeing her pale complexion and bitter smile, Ye Qinghe didn't pay much attention to her. She opened the door, and Gu Siyu followed her inside, asking, "Can I sit?"

"Whatever."

Gu Siyu sat on a chair, aware of her own scent. If she sat on Ye Qinghe's sofa, Ye Qinghe would probably have to change the sofa cover in the afternoon.

The two weren't very familiar. Their relationship was better two years ago when they raced together in the racing team. Later, Gu Siyu and Ye Qinghe only had one or two encounters each year. Ye Qinghe had her own things to do and didn't like to get involved with her.

But Gu Siyu liked to play with Ye Qinghe. Because Ye Qinghe looked a lot like her sister, she, who had never felt secure, always felt that when she saw Ye Qinghe, Duan Xiqian was still alive. Life would have a little hope, and Duan Xiqian's promise was still there—someone would buy her a ticket to escape from everything.

Ye Qinghe took out a soda from the fridge, tossed a bottle to her, frowned, and said with some disdain, "Every time I see you, you make yourself look like this."

Gu Siyu didn't realize what she looked like, just feeling thirsty. She took a few sips and said, "It's okay, I'm much better now than before."

During the most frequent contact between Gu Siyu and Ye Qinghe, she was at her most fierce when fighting. She often got injured in fights, ending up with bruises and swelling. Now, with Huo Junxian around, she didn't injure herself regularly.