Chapter 31: Anger

Under the cover of the night, the rose garden bloomed with pink and white petals, glistening with dampness.

The humid atmosphere was overwhelming, both from the flower petals and the surrounding forest.

One of Gu Siyu's hands was bound, but her right hand was still free to harm, just as mentioned before, by biting.

Huo Junxian had been quietly watching her, not interfering with her actions. Her elevated posture was like that of someone feeding a little dog. The little dog might be fierce and bullying, but as the caretaker, she persisted in feeding it despite the pain.

"Didn't you say you wanted to apologize to me on behalf of your ex-husband? Is this all you can do?" Gu Siyu had eaten and drank her fill, licking her lips. She quite enjoyed bringing up this matter, and Huo Junxian had taken the bait.

Huo Junxian was willing to admit defeat and continued to tempt her with meat, beckoning with her finger. "Come here."

Gu Siyu remained unmoved and wiped her mouth with a tissue. Her movement was much like calling a dog. Gu Siyu wanted to maintain her own self-respect.

Huo Junxian unlocked the handcuffs and beckoned with her finger again. "Come over here quickly."

Huo Junxian didn't talk to her much usually and was mostly indifferent towards her.

Now...she was still the same person.

But she didn't seem human, more like a demon but not exactly. Perhaps she was even more terrifying than a demon. 

She said, "Gu Siyu, have you ever thought about what will happen when you provoke me too much?" 

 She urgently wanted to gain something from her, to play games with her, and to make her happy. 

She didn't need an answer, but she said to Gu Siyu's ear, "Be careful... I won't let you go." 

 Gu Siyu smiled. "You can try. Don't think I don't know why you unlocked my handcuffs... stop pretending to be so serious."

 If we must judge this game of chasing and being chased, or determine who was enjoying it, Huo Junxian might not have lost. 

 Gu Siyu had just suffered a lot of humiliation, and she wasn't a dog. Now that she had broken free, she had shown her true dog-like nature. 

 She pressed Huo Junxian underneath her and kissed her lips gently, turning to bite her ear. 

"You've humiliated me enough. Who's the dog now?" 

 Huo Junxian remained silent, hooking her neck. "You are.""What do you mean?"

 Huo Junxian tightened her arm and whispered in her ear, "Stop dilly-dallying. 

Otherwise, you'll always be like a wild dog that only knows how to eat meat." 

 Gu Siyu was burning with anger and directly blocked her mouth with her own lips.

...

In the morning, Gu Siyu's wrist was very sore. She lifted it up and realized that her wrist was tightly locked.

Huo Junxian had a strange personality. She was fine last night when they went to bed, but in the morning she changed and immediately locked Gu Siyu up.

Gu Siyu breathed twice and struggled twice, but couldn't get out, muttering to herself, "Does Huo Junxian want me dead? Why did she lock me up so tightly?"

At this moment, the bathroom door was pushed open and Huo Junxian came out wearing a camisole pajama, having just taken a shower. She glanced at Gu Siyu and tied up her wet hair.