Chapter 74

Gu Siyu stared at the flyer for a minute, raised her head, and as the day approached dusk, she lowered her head again. Her emotions were complicated.

Huo Junxian wanted her dead.

Was she sick? She actually put her on a flyer.

Gu Siyu kicked the flyer hard, the tip of her foot viciously turning it half a circle. She crushed the flyer to pieces. Later, realizing it was her face, she looked at the mud on it and felt a bit uncomfortable.

Damn it.

No wonder the middle-aged women today ran away when she saw her face.

The boss of the motel stood at the door, peering at her with a fearful expression, as if afraid of retaliation. He quickly closed the door.

Taking advantage of this, Gu Siyu gripped her backpack strap, lifted her leg, and ran.

The boss probably contacted Huo Junxian or had already contacted her. If she was a minute slower, she might have encountered Huo Junxian.

The wind whistled past her ears. It was just the beginning of autumn, but the cold wind of winter had arrived, sharp like little knives cutting her face.

Whether it was an illusion or she really heard voices behind her, she heard Huo Junxian calmly talking to the boss. She asked where the person went, and the boss said the person had run away.

"Why didn't you keep her here?"

The boss, frightened, quickly said she had a knife and asked Huo Junxian to call the police quickly to bring her back, so she wouldn't go crazy and kill people.

Then, Gu Siyu heard Huo Junxian getting angry. It wasn't the anger of Huo Junxian but the people around her venting their anger. They called the supervisory bureau to report the motel for illegal business and hoped they would be severely punished and investigate this illegal activity. The boss thought they were trying to lure law enforcement and got angry, scolding Huo Junxian and pointing at her nose, asking if she was the sick one.

As the sky gradually darkened, there seemed to be a line between Huo Junxian and her. No matter how she struggled, it was always connected. Huo Junxian was the end, a dot of ink in the darkness. The whole world followed her blackness, surging like a black tide, trying to ensnare Gu Siyu. Gu Siyu desperately ran, panting heavily. She breathed through her mouth, and her throat was almost cut by the airflow.

She had chosen this remote place intentionally to hide from Huo Junxian. Now she didn't dare to move easily, as Huo Junxian had a lot of money and hired people to block parking spots.

Huo Junxian was so capable; she might as well become a secret agent.

Gu Siyu covered herself tightly with a mask and hat. She looked around and saw a few middle-aged women distributing flyers. Not only were they distributing, but they also included one or two packs of hygiene paper from a hospital specializing in infertility treatment. Gu Siyu guessed that the flyers contained her super clear photo.

Damn it, couldn't these women have some professional ethics?

To avoid suspicion, she decided to wait until it got darker before taking off the hat and just wearing the mask. Calming herself, Gu Siyu tore down a missing person poster from a utility pole and looked at herself in the mirror. Afterward, she fussed with her hair.

Usually, her hair was loose, with a slightly center parting, making herself look clean and trendy. She randomly messed it up, making herself look messy. Then she thought of Huo Junxian saying she had mental problems in the missing person notice.

Wasn't this messy enough to be considered a problem?

Honestly, a woman's hairstyle often changed her entire image, not to mention makeup.