Chapter 104

After Gu Siyu dropped out of school, she never touched a book again. She has always struggled to get over the hurdle in her heart. Now, speaking those words to the Ye family is completely a matter of brazening it out.

Grandpa Ye didn't make fun of her. He just asked her gently why she suddenly wanted to study. Everything should have a reason.

"It's just... just feel like I need to do something, or else it's all in vain." Gu Siyu spoke in a low voice, almost inaudible to herself. "I didn't have the opportunity to study before, now I should have some skill, so as not to be eliminated by society."

In just a few brief sentences, Gu Siyu blushed. After leaving Ye Qinghe's house, she deeply exhaled, even though he agreed to help her, she still felt a bit overwhelmed.

Gu Siyu turned her head and looked at Ye Qinghe's house, which was very large. The land area was so vast that she couldn't gesture it out with her hands. She couldn't see the back from the front. It was similar in size to the estate where Huo Junxian's mother lived, a symbol of wealth.

Ye Qinghe's family was wealthy, to be precise, it was her grandfather who was wealthy. Her grandfather was involved in investments, and in recent years, his investments had skyrocketed, causing his net worth to soar.

In the earlier years, their family was impoverished, experiencing losses in whatever they invested in. They lived like beggars.

Investing is highly risky; it's akin to gambling if done blindly. However, if one guesses right, they quickly become wealthy.

But in the early years, burdened by debts, the grandfather couldn't take care of his children. His son fell into drug addiction, gambled away everything at the table, and his wife left him. One granddaughter followed her son, and the other followed her mother.

When his situation improved a bit, he wanted to find his family, only to discover that one granddaughter had died from domestic violence, and the other, due to her mother's death, had been left unattended.

Filled with guilt, the grandfather went back to the country to bring the granddaughter abroad. He would spoil her with whatever she wanted.

Gu Siyu became acquainted with Ye Qinghe, who had already been living abroad for a few years and was already quite wealthy at that time.

During that period, Gu Siyu was in her adolescence and admired Ye Qinghe. She even felt a bit jealous. Why was Ye Qinghe's grandfather so rich, while her own grandfather only cursed at her, calling her a jinx who landed her father in prison?

When fate bestows misfortune upon someone, it sometimes accompanies it with rare good luck. However, most of the time, after bestowing misfortune, it habitually forgets about the good luck.

Sitting on the roadside to calm her emotions, Gu Siyu felt restless.

Because she was about to face many things, she couldn't control her emotions in a timely manner. Is it really okay for someone her age to go back to school? Will she be able to learn anything?

Anxious thoughts raced through her mind.

She consoled herself, telling herself that she might not be too bad off, at least she had met Huo Junxian.

Huo Junxian treated her well.

She needed to make an effort, Gu Siyu comforted herself.

Yet, there were times when she couldn't hold back her thoughts. She would toss and turn, losing sleep at night, feeling out of sorts during the day. Every day passed slowly, and since going abroad, she hadn't seen that person again.