Chapter 64

Huo Junxian moved to the other side of the sofa, touching Gu Siyu's lips gently, starting softly and pressing down fiercely.

A throbbing heartbeat, a beautiful phrase.

It's the stirrings of adolescent emotions, about to sprout.

Yet, not everyone understands this phrase.

Sometimes, if you catch it, you'll be intoxicated for a long time, captivating the entire summer or even the entire youth season; if you fail to catch it, it's like fluttering flags disturbed by the wind, a momentary disturbance in a dream.

Gu Siyu also experienced the throbbing heartbeat of youth. Sitting by the window in the classroom during her adolescence, she would sometimes look down when bored. Once, she saw a boy squatting in a corner teasing a stray cat. That heartwarming scene amazed her; her heart would suddenly beat faster. She unintentionally stared at it for a whole class, but when she went to the bathroom and came back, she had completely forgotten about it.

Huo Junxian didn't specify this "liking," and Gu Siyu preferred to believe that she couldn't articulate it. In fact, it's good not to articulate it; once you define "liking," it only leads to deeper thoughts, a clearer understanding of one's feelings, burdening both individuals.

If left unspoken, it fades away gradually.

They kissed on the sofa for a while. When they parted, their gaze was lingering. Gu Siyu blinked her eyes, resembling a dragonfly with wet wings resting on a leaf. Huo Junxian's fingers gently touched her eyes, the fingertips meeting her eyelashes.

Neither of them spoke. The rain outside continued to fall, forming small streams on the roof that flowed down the eaves, creating a soothing natural sound, a therapeutic white noise in the ears.

"Is this okay?" Huo Junxian asked.

Gu Siyu remained silent.

It was still too early for dinner at this hour. Huo Junxian didn't go to the kitchen; instead, she went to the third floor.

Gu Siyu checked the time and prepared to leave. Soon, the sound of a piano piece came from upstairs, melodious and uplifting. Gu Siyu sat up and looked upstairs; obviously, it was Huo Junxian playing the piano.

Rainy days and pianos are a perfect match.

Teddy raised its head from the doghouse, looked upstairs, and barked. It also enjoyed the sound of the piano.

Dang dang dang, da duo, da da dang...

Gu Siyu had never learned the piano, never touched the keys in her life. She didn't understand musical notes or compositions. Beautiful melodies could only be translated into simple words in her ears.

It was quite frightening. A few minutes ago, Gu Siyu asked Huo Junxian if she could imagine their future life together. Huo Junxian didn't narrate the fantasy directly; instead, she wove a dream-like reality with a piano, rainy days, dogs, people, and a luxurious mansion. Many couldn't reach out to it, and anyone awake at that moment was truly unaware of the good fortune.

The piano played for a long time, slowly and gradually. Each time Gu Siyu thought the melody was about to fall, two more notes would rise.

The person upstairs played for a long time, just like the intermittent autumn rain.

Every time her body fell, every time she was about to wake up, the piano and rain would immerse her again.

It was hard to stay clear-headed; her consciousness would get lost in the piano melody.

During this time, her hand was touched twice. Teddy crawled over, and Gu Siyu picked him up, placing him beside her. She rested her hands on the back of her head, and Teddy lay down by her waist.