Chapter 84

When Huo Junxian said these words, Gu Siyu tilted her head, frowned, and stared at her for a few seconds. Then, she forcefully pushed her away. Huo Junxian fell on the bed, exhaling lightly as if she didn't think there was anything wrong. A smile lingered on the corners of her mouth.

Gu Siyu moved away from her, holding her phone, and stood at the door to continue talking, "You mentioned investing in your pet hospital before. Take this time to prepare well. The money isn't given to you for nothing. Plan carefully..."

"Siyu." He Xiao interrupted her, hearing her take a deep breath on the other end of the phone, then raised her voice, trying to smile, "You couldn't be unreachable because you were with Huo Junxian, right? Are you okay?"

Gu Siyu's lips didn't move.

He Xiao continued, "I'm sorry, sorry. I forgot. Huo Junxian also posted missing person notices looking for you. I'm... it's nothing. Can you come out now? I'll come to pick you up..."

She stumbled through her words, gradually unable to continue.

"Do you need anything?" He Xiao asked.

Finally, she laughed a few times to conceal the awkwardness and abruptness from earlier.

"I just came back a few days ago," Gu Siyu said.

"Okay, good." He Xiao replied in a few short words.

In fact, when He Xiao called and found her, she was very happy. Not long ago, Huo Junxian had mocked her with harsh words, saying that He Xiao and the others wouldn't contact her.

Gu Siyu said, "I've been busy these past few days. I haven't had the chance to come and see you. Take the money first, figure out where to open the store, plan it well, and see how much more you need. If there's a shortfall, call me."

One million is far from enough to open a pet hospital in this city. Fortunately, He Xiao can raise money on her own, with some help from her parents. Recently, Duan Jiayang also promised to invest some more, which could bring the total to two or three million.

He Xiao didn't speak, and Gu Siyu was waiting for her to speak. She couldn't just send the money to He Xiao and have her refuse it. If He Xiao keeps refusing, Gu Siyu might get angry...

"Okay, I'll show you when it's ready." He Xiao said, "It will definitely work out. I've been planning during this time. Jiayang helped me check out the storefront. It's going quite smoothly. Don't worry."

Although she said so, her voice was low, and it didn't sound very good.

Gu Siyu dared not think about the worst, dared not ask. Her situation must have affected He Xiao. He Xiao had a good job, but because of Gu Siyu, she's being transferred here and there, she eventually resigned.

Surviving in a big city requires spending money everywhere. Without another way out, life would be difficult.

"He Xiao, if you need anything, just tell me. I'll help you if I can." Gu Siyu said seriously.

"I'm fine, everything's good." He Xiao replied.

Gu Siyu didn't like being overly sentimental. She carefully assessed He Xiao's mood and said, "We're good friends. Don't be so formal."

She had never said the words "good friends" to He Xiao before. They used to hang out together, eat together, and He Xiao had jokingly asked her if they were still good friends, but Gu Siyu always remained silent.

Saying it now, she didn't feel that He Xiao was particularly happy, but rather, she sensed that He Xiao was upset.

Huo Junxian laughed on the side, a bold and unrestrained laugh. She couldn't help but show it, not bothering to conceal herself. Sensing Gu Siyu's gaze, she covered her face and winked at Gu Siyu through a gap.