Chapter 95

As the voice fell, Huo Junxian's movements stopped. She looked up at Gu Siyu, her eyes reddened, and a hint of moisture filled her eyes, teary.

Undeniably, at this moment, Huo Junxian looked very beautiful, pitiful enough to evoke sympathy. Tears rolled down her cheeks, and every glance at her could be accompanied by the sound of one's own heartbeat. Similarly, Gu Siyu felt very sad. Huo Junxian looked so distressed, and this pain had nothing to do with beauty; it emanated as a dull ache from her heart.

Sunlight fell on them, gradually warming up. Gu Siyu looked outside, finally feeling that spring had truly arrived.

Gu Siyu stood by Huo Junxian's side. The words were not as smooth as usual, and she herself was choked with emotion. She reached out and wiped away Huo Junxian's tears.

Huo Junxian's tears flowed uncontrollably, quickly wetting Gu Siyu's fingertips. She reached out and embraced Gu Siyu, her grip strong enough to give Gu Siyu the illusion that her bones were about to be crushed.

Gu Siyu knew that Huo Junxian was releasing her own anxiety. Huo Junxian did not stand up; instead, she knelt on the ground, hugging Gu Siyu's legs. This posture resembled a plea for Gu Siyu not to leave.

Gu Siyu crouched down and hugged Huo Junxian. She felt her shoulder getting soaked, gently patting Huo Junxian's back to reassure her that everything would be okay.

The suppressed crying gradually became louder. Gu Siyu's suspended heart finally settled, and she leaned against Huo Junxian's shoulder.

Tired from kneeling, Huo Junxian stood up, rubbing her sore thighs. Her entire leg felt numb.

Huo Junxian still hid behind the sofa, sobbing quietly. Her voice was soft and restrained, like any grown-up crying quietly.

Gu Siyu, watching her, couldn't help but think, 'This is not bad. Let her be like this, and let it go.'

She didn't know how Huo Junxian had managed to get through things before, like facing her father's death or escaping last time.

But Gu Siyu felt that letting her be like this was not an option. The process was too painful, and she couldn't stand by and watch.

Gu Siyu pushed the sofa aside to let the sunlight from outside pour in. She hoped the warm light would comfort the person next to her. Gu Siyu wasn't sure what to do next.

The sunlight seemed to hear her silent prayer, generously showering Huo Junxian's shoulders and back. Huo Junxian continued to cry for a long time, sincerely mourning Teddy's departure. It was so long that Gu Siyu thought she had fallen asleep.

The spring sunlight was not enough to warm every corner. Even with rugs on the floor, it still felt cool.

Gu Siyu went outside to call Chen Tao. His family had been anxious these days, and he wanted to come and see Huo Junxian. Gu Siyu told him to wait until the afternoon, and then she would take Huo Junxian out on a motorcycle to relax.

She added, "I might come back later. Find someone to clean up her yard, make it cleaner."

Chen Tao hesitated, "Miss, she values her personal space. If I go and clean up, would she be upset? You know, she has been hoping for Teddy to come back. If it changes, will she be stressed..."

"Stop being so formal, just go and do it. If you call her 'Xiaoxian' or 'Junxian,' it will bring you closer to her. Maybe she'll feel like she still has family and won't be so lonely."

Chen Tao was speechless. In his mind, Huo Junxian was his benefactor, and the entire Huo family had treated him well. He respected them and didn't realize the implications.