Chapter 56

Huo Junxian once again suggested that Gu Siyu move in with her. Living in a large villa would undoubtedly be much better than Gu Siyu's rundown place, but when it came to this matter, Gu Siyu felt uneasy.

Gu Siyu used her pet bird as an excuse, saying she wanted to wait a few more days until the bird could fly on its own before considering moving.

The bird's condition had improved a lot now. It could flap around and move within its box, though it hadn't been seen flying. Gu Siyu decided to buy some flowers and a birdcage from the flower and bird market during her next shopping trip. She didn't force the bird into the cage; instead, she placed the cage next to the box and filled it with some expensive bird food that the shopkeeper claimed all birds couldn't resist.

When she had free time, Gu Siyu would lie next to the birdcage and watch. The bird would stroll inside the box, seemingly attracted by the scent, but no matter how hungry it looked, it never stepped into the cage to take a bite.

During the day, when she had nothing to do, Gu Siyu would go to Huo Junxian's house. The silly dog lay by a small pool in Huo Junxian's courtyard. Whenever a fish surfaced, it immediately moved closer to observe. Gu Siyu thought it was going to bite the fish and prepared to scold it. However, when she approached, she found it was just licking the water and didn't bite when a fish came close. It simply followed the fish wherever it swam, looking foolish.

Huo Junxian was tending to her flowers. The roses she had previously planted didn't seem to be thriving, and the leaves had fallen off, but she was diligently watering them.

Gu Siyu sat on the newly installed swing in the yard, grabbing the ropes with both hands and swinging her legs. She commented to Huo Junxian, "Why bother? Let it live on its own. If it survives, everyone's happy. If not, it's its fate."

"Taking care of flowers is like this, meticulous care is needed," Huo Junxian said while watering the flowers. She stared at them seriously, "Look, even though the leaves have fallen, this flower is still blooming earnestly. The petals have opened a bit."

Gu Siyu walked over and crouched down to see. The buds had turned into slightly open greenish petals.

"But even if you cut the flowers and put them in a vase, they'll still bloom," Gu Siyu said.

Huo Junxian didn't respond to her words, turning her back, looking a bit angry. Gu Siyu tilted her head to take a look and only saw her tense profile. Gu Siyu clicked her tongue, sat back on the swing, and said, "It's just a flower. If this one can't make it, plant another one. It might just be the wrong season, no need to be sad."

Teddy came over. Gu Siyu picked up Teddy and placed it on her lap. Teddy clung to her clothes as they swayed back and forth. Teddy grinned stupidly.

In the evening, Gu Siyu went back to change the bird's food. When she opened the door, she saw the bird fluttering onto the sofa. It didn't run away when it saw Gu Siyu and even stepped on the sofa. After changing the cloth, Gu Siyu put some bird food, finished and said fiercely that if it dared to poop on the pillow, it would be in trouble.

Gu Siyu pulled out the key and locked the door. Huo Junxian was waiting for her in the car. Gu Siyu sat in the passenger seat.

After Jin Yuansen moved out of Huo Junxian's villa, he didn't mention where he was living. He deliberately avoided Gu Siyu, afraid that she might expose him. It was difficult to catch him since he had his own tricks.

"He's going out to dinner with the business partner today," Huo Junxian said.

"Business partner?" Gu Siyu asked, "Are they trying to avoid us?"