Chapter 43

Jin Yuansen remained silent, kneeling by the bedside.

The glasses on his nose jumped up with his movement; in the eyes of the outside world, he appeared refined, but here he seemed disheveled.

Gu Siyu tilted her neck. She had harbored resentment towards Jin Yuansen for a long time. During the fight at the airport, as the punches rained down, Gu Siyu gritted her teeth in pain. She thought about how to make Jin Yuansen suffer a more cruel fate.

This scum of a person, Jin Yuansen, should be thoroughly humiliated. Gu Siyu originally wanted to lift her leg and kick him, delivering all the punches back. However, due to He Xiao's presence nearby, she restrained herself and settled for kicking him in the face.

Jin Yuansen lay askew on the ground, his fists clenched. No matter how angry he was, he had to hold it in. He straightened up from his kneeling position, knocked his head against the floor in front of Gu Siyu, and said, "I apologize for the incident at the airport last time. I shouldn't have laid a hand on you. I hope you can forgive me and accept my apology. I'll arrange for someone to discuss compensation with you later."

His sincerity was hardly discernible. It was like a child writing an assignment, overly formal. Gu Siyu said, "Let's not talk about that for now. I remember when you forced me into the plane, you said if I dared to come back to the country, you'd break my legs. I don't have any other conditions; how about you break a leg..."

"Gu Siyu." Jin Yuansen hurriedly interrupted her, his gaze subconsciously shifting towards Huo Junxian. He struggled to swallow, "I... regarding compensation, you can bring it up. I'll cover all medical expenses, all sorts of losses will be compensated. You can name your price."

"Gu Siyu." Jin Yuansen hastily interrupted her, his gaze unconsciously shifting towards Huo Junxian. He struggled to swallow, his throat working hard, "I, about compensation, you can bring it up. I'll cover all medical expenses, all kinds of losses will be compensated. You can name your price."

"I'll think about it, no rush." With He Xiao present now, Gu Siyu hesitated to speak. She sat by the bedside, legs crossed, adopting a superior attitude as she looked down at Jin Yuansen with disdain.

Jin Yuansen's knees were in pain from kneeling. Feeling the pressure from Huo Junxian's gaze, he remained silent. Huo Junxian appeared gentle and composed. Jin Yuansen only felt goosebumps rising on his skin. Kneeling like a dog, he knocked his head a few times. After that, he wanted to look at Huo Junxian. Remembering what Huo Junxian had said earlier, he clenched his teeth and asked Gu Siyu, "Are you satisfied now? Can I get up?"

Gu Siyu waved her hand at He Xiao and said, "Go outside and get me a glass of water. I need to talk to him."

There was a water dispenser in the hospital room. He Xiao didn't move much, shocked by the scene. She hadn't seen anything like this before, and it was the first time she witnessed a person of such high status kneeling down.

Gu Siyu gave her a disdainful glance and threw the water bottle on the table to her. He Xiao snapped out of her daze, picked up the bottle slowly, and moved out of the room.

Once the door was closed, Gu Siyu immediately lifted her leg and kicked Jin Yuansen. She kicked him to the ground and began forcefully kicking his face, pouring all her strength into it. "You still want to stand up and talk? Can you even stand up? Tell me, can you? When you had people beat me, did you ever think about whether I could stand up? Damn it, you even wanted to trick me into going to Thailand and have me killed. Why don't you go to Thailand and change your gender?"

Jin Yuansen was a clever person. He didn't want to cause any more trouble, so he specifically instructed those three men to go to Thailand. When beating Gu Siyu, he remembered to target areas where injuries wouldn't show. However, Gu Siyu wasn't acting like a smart person. She kicked him directly in the face, nearly smashing his glasses.