Chapter 49

Nowadays, when staying in a hotel, one must be careful and check to ensure there are no hidden cameras before proceeding to the next step.

They kissed at the entrance and slowly moved to the bedroom, calming down only after inspecting the room. They waited for a while, but the feelings didn't fade; on the contrary, they became even more urgent.

Gu Siyu could clearly feel Huo Junxian's loneliness. After kissing, Huo Junxian placed Gu Siyu's hand on her chest, not for her to feel her heartbeat, but she said, "I've never done it with my ex-husband, only with you."

Huo Junxian's fingertips brushed against Gu Siyu's face, pushing the wet strands of hair behind her ears. Her fingers landed on Gu Siyu's cheek, caressing her delicate brows and eyes. Driven by this loneliness, they stood together like this. The rainy night soaked their clothes, they hadn't even taken a bath, but their sense of smell told them they liked it this way.

It was the scent of loneliness.

With wealth comes sophistication. If they hadn't been trapped by the heavy rain, Gu Siyu would have booked a five-star hotel. But the bed in such hotels wasn't of great quality; lying on it made their backs ache, and even a little pressure caused the bed to creak and feel like it would collapse. However, it was precisely because of this that their time together extended for a few more hours.

Gu Siyu booked a luxurious suite with a living room. At first, Teddy stayed outside without coming in to disturb them. But Gu Siyu mischievously closed the door, leaving Teddy outside. Teddy was uncomfortable in this new environment and kept knocking on the door. The two couldn't continue inside and ended up lying on the bed, kissing for a while. Gu Siyu straddled Huo Junxian's legs, their kisses passionate, and the sparse sounds were stimulating enough, but the barking outside was annoying.

Huo Junxian held Gu Siyu's face and, after a deep kiss, asked her to get up. She went outside and gave the dog something to eat, then placed the sofa cushion from the living room on the floor for Teddy to play with. When she came back, Gu Siyu headed to the bathroom, and Huo Junxian followed her inside. They closed the door and took a shower together.

Around 11 PM, Gu Siyu began to dream of the past. In her dream, she became an observer and returned to when she was several years old. She watched a poorly dressed little girl crawling on the ground.

The girl had never seen her mother, only heard from others that her mother thought her father was too poor and ran away with another man in the middle of the night. Her father hated her mother very much and took his anger out on the girl.

The dream was chaotic. She vaguely saw a woman holding the girl's hand, teaching her Tang poetry. They were in a long line, and the woman made the girl recite "Goose, goose, goose, swan-like neck singing to the sky." The girl immediately memorized it. She couldn't remember if she received any reward afterward.

The girl experienced more beatings, endless beatings. She wore dirty clothes every day and was beaten when she returned home by the man. When he was in a good mood, he'd just kick her a few times, but when he was unhappy, he'd use fists and feet. At first, the girl pleaded with him, hugging his legs and saying, "Daddy, please don't hit me."

She coaxed and pitied, learning various ways to please her parents from other children.

It was futile.

He only became more excited, beating the girl mercilessly.

Then, the girl met an older girl named Duan Xiqian, whose father also beat her frequently. But the girl envied her because her father would place food on the ground for her to eat, feed her until full, and give her pocket money. After beating her, he'd apologize to her.