Chapter 54

In the morning, birds on the tree branches chirped incessantly. The sound wasn't noisy, instead providing a moment of relaxation to ears constantly polluted by various noises in the city.

Sunlight spilled, illuminating half of the bed brightly. Gu Siyu turned her head and exchanged glances with the sunlight for a while. She quietly listened to the bird's chirping and sat up after a long time. Yesterday, the curtains were not tightly closed, revealing a palm-wide gap.

Gu Siyu got up to close the window tightly, changed into a white dress, and went out with the documents to meet the lawyer she had arranged to meet.

As she walked, the heat rose, and Gu Siyu stopped to buy milk tea. At half past nine, the milk tea shop had just opened, and there were not many people. There was only an auntie carrying a basket trying to sell her strawberries. The cashier was a part-time student from the nearby university, hesitant to place an order without a firm agreement. After some discussion, the auntie insisted on having someone call the owner.

Gu Siyu glanced at the auntie's bag; the strawberries were large, seemingly Dandong strawberries bought online. Gu Siyu asked, "Auntie, how much are these strawberries? Sell them to me; I happen to want to eat them."

The auntie hesitated, and Gu Siyu said, "It's cheaper than online, right?"

"Yes...," the auntie replied.

"Sell them to me. How much per kilogram?" Gu Siyu took out her phone. "If you sell them to me, I'll consider myself a regular customer of this milk tea shop. If I find them delicious, I can recommend them for you. You don't have to promote them here; later, you can bring the strawberries to other shops for sales."

The auntie found it reasonable, offered a discounted price to Gu Siyu, who ordered a cup of strawberry fruit tea. She asked the cashier to help wash the strawberries she bought.

Gu Siyu tasted it and said it was good. The auntie quickly went back to get more, and the cashier, relieved, washed and bagged the strawberries for Gu Siyu. Handing her the milk tea, the cashier said, "Thank you. This auntie has been here for a few days, but it hasn't been effective."

"Are you a high school student?" Gu Siyu asked.

The cashier nodded, "I'm a freshman."

"It's quite far from the university here," Gu Siyu said.

The cashier said, "The hourly wage here is high, so it's fine to walk here early."

Gu Siyu left with her things. She took a sip of strawberry fruit tea and ate a strawberry. In fact, this shop should cooperate with the auntie.

The lawyer had waited for a while in the dessert shop. Gu Siyu arrived a bit later, placing the strawberries on the table. She apologized, "Sorry for being late. Order whatever you want; my treat. The strawberries are good; you should try them."

"No need. I just had breakfast." The lawyer took the documents from her. She had seen the pictures Gu Siyu had taken yesterday, but the views were not comprehensive. Afraid of any omissions, she took the documents and examined them again for half an hour, saying, "If it's done by Lawyer Yu, there generally won't be any loopholes. She has good professional ethics."

"People are not static, professional ethics won't feed you. But since you praise her for being flawless in her work, you should scrutinize it and see if she's setting any traps for me."

Even the lawyer was scolded along with those words. She just smiled without refuting, as what Gu Siyu said was not entirely unreasonable. Many things in this world have an expiration date, can deteriorate, and human nature is no exception.