Chapter 90

During this time, Huo Junxian went upstairs to check on Teddy several times. Each time she came down, her expression was not good. She couldn't express her emotions with words, so she became increasingly silent.

This small castle had a living room alone that was over a hundred square meters. Huo Junxian didn't idle. She started packing things, cleaning all around. The maid came over several times offering to help, but she simply couldn't accept it.

The maid was a bit afraid of her. After standing by for a while, she silently went to work in other rooms.

Gu Siyu leaned against the sofa, watching Huo Junxian use a duster to clean the cabinet and a handkerchief to wipe the bottles on the table. She was always busy, letting busyness suppress her sadness.

After a while, Gu Siyu went upstairs.

Teddy wasn't sleeping deeply. Gu Siyu gently pushed the door, and Teddy's eyelids fluttered. It made a low sound, almost reproaching Gu Siyu, and then buried its head on the cushion, ignoring her.

This little thing was still angry about Gu Siyu reporting to Huo Junxian just now.

Gu Siyu went over and squatted down, patting its head. "If you're uncomfortable, you should express it. If you keep it to yourself and your mom finds out inadvertently, she'll be very sad, won't she? Do whatever you want to do, don't hide it, okay?"

"I know you're very obedient, afraid of making your mom sad, but... when it hurts, you have to say it. Only when you express it, it will get better."

It wasn't clear if it understood or not. Teddy still didn't open its eyes. Gu Siyu touched its head. "Still hurting?"

"Ouch."

Huo Junxian had already given it medicine, but it would take a while for the medicine to take effect. Right now, it must be uncomfortable. This little guy was, in some ways, just like her.

Gu Siyu sat with it for a while. Because of the pain, Teddy would unconsciously kick its little legs and make low sounds. Gu Siyu imitated Huo Junxian's technique, gently massaging it. When it felt comfortable, it would move closer to Gu Siyu. She simply sat on the floor, and Teddy slept against her knees.

Gu Siyu also took a simple nap on the floor. The ceiling caught her eyes, with delicate decorations and crystal chandeliers on the walls.

She had been here for a few days, but apart from observing the scenery around, she hadn't paid much attention to the interior decoration.

After a while, she got up from the floor. Downstairs in the living room, there was an extra person. Huo Junxian had called a veterinarian to examine Teddy, and Gu Siyu sat on the steps listening to their conversation.

The doctor said that Teddy's condition was irreversible. At present, there was no way to make Teddy completely better; they could only try to alleviate its condition and prevent it from suffering too much. Now, they should avoid letting it engage in any vigorous activities, and it would be best not to let it move around randomly. They should just take good care of it, reducing the damage caused by old age, and letting it accompany its owner for a bit longer.

Just when Gu Siyu thought things were improving, the doctor said, "Considering its age, it's aware that its time is limited, especially for Teddy, they are quite intelligent. During this period, it will be particularly clingy. You should spend more time with it."

Huo Junxian was stammering, her forehead wrinkled and unable to relax. She struggled to say, "It should still have some time... just in the summer, it was still lively and jumping around, just recently it started getting old, it should be able to..."