Chapter 63

The autumn rain had been falling for a long time without stopping. Checking the weather forecast, it said that the autumn rain would continue intermittently until the day after tomorrow. The rain, though constant, was gentle, bringing no significant precipitation. It provided the earth with ample reaction time. The rain rejuvenated the city, moistening the soil without causing any disasters.

Sometimes, taking a stroll on the streets with an umbrella, observing the sea of raised umbrellas in various colors—red, yellow, and green—it could be considered a beautiful scene, a change of season to ease visual fatigue.

Huo Junxian woke up just right. Gu Siyu had gone out to buy breakfast and returned with soy milk, deep-fried dough sticks, and buns, along with two bowls of noodles. "See what you want to eat?"

"Eat noodles." Huo Junxian went to take the mixed noodles. Teddy on the sofa also woke up. Gu Siyu placed the other bags on the dining table, and teddy immediately turned its head to look. Inside were beef, shrimp, vegetables, and more. Gu Siyu said to Teddy, "In this corrupt world, you can cost hundreds. Eat some high-end stuff, and we'll manage with whatever is left."

After hearing this, Teddy seemed either ashamed or embarrassed. It buried its head under the pillow. Gu Siyu thought about reaching out to pet it but refrained, thinking that she still had to have breakfast.

The two adults sat on cushions on the floor to have breakfast. After finishing, Huo Junxian gave Teddy its medicine, and Gu Siyu minced the beef in the kitchen, waiting for Huo Junxian to finish. Teddy couldn't eat shrimp, so Huo Junxian only prepared a little shrimp skin.

Teddy wasn't very fond of dog food now. While taking care of its nutrition, Huo Junxian also catered to its taste. She made soup, minced beef, and mixed it with edible vegetables, then brought it to Teddy.

Illness comes like a mountain collapsing, and Teddy became very quiet. It had no energy to eat, and Gu Siyu looked at it with some discomfort. She teased, "I spent quite a bit of money on you, so hurry up and eat. Once you're full, you'll have to perk up."

Teddy turned its head to look at her, "Woof!"

Gu Siyu took her soy milk and squatted down to eat. While eating, she curiously looked at Teddy several times. Teddy pushed the bowl towards her, indicating she could share.

"You're quite generous. You eat it yourself; I won't compete with you." Gu Siyu shook her head, pushing the bowl back. She sat there, finishing her soy milk.

After Teddy finished eating, the two adults took it downstairs for another checkup at the hospital. Chen Tao came over to accompany them and Teddy sat in the middle. Gu Siyu took off a hairband from her wrist and used it to tie a braid for Teddy, showing it a trick.

Teddy was fascinated, extending its paw to see how she did it, but after struggling for a while, it couldn't figure it out.

Gu Siyu took the hairband back. "Come on."

Teddy crawled forward, and Gu Siyu, with a tug on its head, tied a braid for it. Previously, Teddy's fur had been trimmed short, so it took many twists and turns to secure the braid.

Teddy lifted its head, trying to see but couldn't. It rolled on the seat, and Huo Junxian picked it up and placed it on her lap. She took out her phone, set it to selfie mode, and said, "Look, our little Jade has become a girl."

Teddy stuck out a little tongue, turned its head to look at Huo Junxian, who understood its intention. She smiled and said, "Alright, let's take a picture. We'll print it and hang it on the wall, okay?"

Huo Junxian pressed the shutter button, taking many photos. Teddy nudged her arm, and she took more pictures. After taking several, Teddy looked at Gu Siyu, waiting for her.